Your Inspiration

Gotholic

Throughout life you may come across some people you have met who challenged you to believe in yourself and give you hope through your struggles. These people may even encourage you to think with a different mindset.

Maybe you had a mentor or met someone who helped you up whenever you felland always had your back.

Maybe that someone was an author whom you never met but has affected you through his or her work. Perhaps it was reading about somone's life that changed your perspective on things.

Who or what was your inspiration? How did he/she/it effect you?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I receive inspiration from many sources. Paul Stanley, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and Alan Kulwicki are among those whose names some might be familiar with. Paul Stanley's steadfast message of believing in yourself, Alan Kulwicki's example of hard work and determination, Lee's willingness to stand for his principals, Stonewall's fervent belief in God and in being a leader by example.

Countless people in my day to day life, including me mum and at least three former college professors.

chcr

Too cute for words
In no particular order, Jerry Jeff Walker, B.B. King, Nelson Mandela, Isaac Asimov, Albert Einstein.

Winky

I am that person IRL

just feel blessed that you've all had the honor

of knowing me on the internet

now kiss my ring, nave

tonksy

I thinking Mother Teresa, Jerry Garcia, Jesus Christ, Jimmy Buffet, with a little Homer Simpson thrown in to keep it real.

Winky

I can see him now...

Hmmm on the one hand 'keepin' it real and on the other

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

Aw Hell get real! I'm gettin' a Dell!

unclehobart

Winky said:
I can see him now...

Hmmm on the one hand 'keepin' it real and on the other

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

gittin' laid

keepin' it real

Aw Hell get real! I'm gettin' a Dell!
Sounds like the next canned hit from the teeny bopper pop music factory.

Dave

there havent been any well known individuals/groups that have affcted me directly. the people that have insipred me the most are those that have been closest to me personally. i have been fortunate to have had a couple very close friends that have given me the necessary shoves in the right direction and a family that has been supportive of me regardless of what i was trying to do.

Professur

Nope. I've had heros, but no inspiration from them. I'm where I am through no fault of anyone but myself.

Uki Chick

I too can't say that I really had specific people that inspired me. My family and a few friends have helped get me to the point I'm at now. One person I'd say really made me feel good and helped get me through some rough patches is my ex's ex best friend.

HomeLAN

My father was my greatest inspiration. Most of what I know about dealing with what life throws at you comes from him.

The second greatest influence on my life is probably my son. He's my reason for getting up and going to work in the morning, my motivation to succeed, and a reminder not to let go of my youth.

As for major public figures, I've taken lessons from lots of them, but none truly affect my life to a huge extent.

rrfield

Parents and grandparents, my fiance, my brothers, high school physics teacher.

and to a lesser extent a few public figures
John Paul II, Harry Browne, Robin Yount, Cris Carter.