your other career

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
When we choosed for a career, i'm sure that most of us had 2 big choices, so which was the one you didn't choose?

For me, it was Physician Matematician, i'm so good at math and i really love it. In fact, when i was studying the 3rd or 4th semester of my career i was about to study the 2 careers at the same time, unfortunately the dead of my father got me in a depression and i sent my plans to hell. Not that i regret it, but by now i'd be 2 years away from having 2 professional titles.

what's your stor

Edit: my current career is computarized systems engineering.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I wished SO much as a child and through my late teens to join the RAF as a Tornado pilot. However now I have buggered vision and damaged back and leg muscles I cant

Spose my other one is kinda geeky. I wanna be a computer games programmer

MrBishop

I'm in the process of living one of my alternatives - graphic designer (after having been downsized from my last gig, I went back to school and got certified).

My first choice was Humanities teacher at a HS level. They changed the laws just as I was finishing my BA Sociology, so that in order to teach in HighSchool, I'd need a second B.Ed and a seperate certificate (teaching).

I couldn't afford school anymore...all my hard saved coin was gone...so I had to hit the job market f/time.
:p

Kinda sucks, but I'll teach one day.

Janimal

I wanted to be a UN Interpreter. Aced Latin. Didn't do so well in French. Went for computers instead.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Elementary School teacher, but, I'm still going to do it, just not yet.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I am currently in school doing Civil Engineering

an alternative that I considered was something with computers or psycology

freako104

for me my career choice as of late has been psychology. i also looked at marine bio but i have been loving my psych courses and find them to be more practical. even as a child i wanted to help others feel better about themselves. this maybe the way i can.

greenfreak

First I wanted to be a vet. Then I found out how much schooling was involved. Didn't do it but I still want to volunteer at a shelter or dog rescue agency.

Then I wanted to be a writer. Got as far as my first year of college and figured out that it actually required a lot of discipline and didn't continue with it. The most writing I do is here on the boards.

Then I wanted to be a Paramedic. That I actually did for a few years.

Then I wanted to be a Network Administrator. Went to school and wound up being a PC repair tech & 2nd level Help Desk. Still wanna be a network admin though.

rrfield

One day I'm going to own the Minnesota Vikings. Then a small country, like Paraguay or Vatican City. First things first though, got to buy the Vikings...

alex

steweygrrrr said:
posting on a forum and doing nothing?

LOL, it's really slow at work this week. A lot of people are on vacation. Gotta pass the time somehow.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
First choice was engineering, and I have that one covered pretty well. First love was music, and though I think I had the talent to be a professional musician, I didn't realistically think I could make the same money. And since engineering was my second love as well... it was a pretty easy choice.

Now my dream is to combine all my loves and migrate into engineering of audio systems/components. :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I always wanted to start my own Beef Jerky business. I realized at a young age that I'd never met anyone in that field and figured it was ripe for picking. Have you ever met anyone who claims to be a beefjerker?

PrincessLissa

I would choose anything right now. But I am in school for law school after deciding that beauty school would be fun, but would get very boring after a while.

K62

hmm I never really had any goals as a child, and im still not sure what I want to do. (im 18) right now im in with the Canadian Forces Reserve, Im thinking of going regular force when i turn 19

alex

Squiggy said:
I always wanted to start my own Beef Jerky business. I realized at a young age that I'd never met anyone in that field and figured it was ripe for picking. Have you ever met anyone who claims to be a beefjerker?

Yes, I know this girl who makes beef jerky and sells it to bars.

chcr

Too cute for words
First love was music, and though I think I had the talent to be a professional musician, I didn't realistically think I could make the same money.
Oh yeah, realism. I did the music thing for about twenty years, and I usually needed a day job as well. Not that I would change a thing, understand. I had a hell of a lot of fun, just don't have much to show for it. It was the only thing I ever wanted to do, so I did. Still do, more as a hobby these days. I fool with computers for a living now.