You've been pre-approved

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Here, cash this check for $42, 864. NO, not that one, cash this check for $32, 756.

You've been pre-approved for a $8,000. Platinum Visa.

Oh yea, well we approve him for a $10,000 Platinum Visa and he can pick his choice of 10 beautiful background designs.

Yea, same here but we have 11 designs,

We've got you all beat. His wife, you know the stay at home mom, is approved for a $7,000 Platinum Visa with her choice of 15 scenic designs & she doesn't even have to tell her husband.

Can I bill these idiots for the electricity & time it takes to get rid of their junk mail? If I want their card, I'll apply. Don't you hate this.

Hmmm, maybe I should cash all the checks, get all the cards & cash tjem out & go bankrupt. I'd be worth more then than now :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Gonz said:
His wife, you know the stay at home mom, is approved for a $7,000 Platinum Visa with her choice of 15 scenic designs & she doesn't even have to tell her husband.

fuck !!!! :eek13:

Professur

I know a guy who sends in every credit card application he gets. He never uses them, but he's got over $300,000 credit availible at last check.

greenfreak

I got some advice a while back and was told not to apply for too many offers in a short time period. Especially if you don't think you're going to be approved because it doesn't look good to have too may people checking your TRW so often. And it's not good to have so many accounts open, even if you're not going to use them.

Now, I don't know if all that is true but once I took that advice and waited 6 months-1 year to apply for new cards (and do the balance transfer @ 0% game), I started getting better and better deals.

greenfreak

You know what I just remembered too... I got my first 'pre-approval' letter from American Express the other day. It's for a green card, not blue, and had all this crap about how I should be proud of myself for getting this offer and I've now surpassed a financial milestone. :tardbang:

It's not that difficult to get an American Express green is it? Since it's not like a regular credit card, I see no reason to apply for it. Any thoughts?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you pay your CC bills in full, it's a nice card but in general, a CC is a CC.

Inkara1

Hell, even I got an offer for an American Express card a year or two ago. I didn't apply, of course, but I got an offer.

I wouldn't want to apply for every card I get offered, though, especially if there are annual fees for any of them.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Inkara, you should pay attention to the stuff i quoted in my previous post.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Luis, she wasn't ALWAYS a stay at home mom :D

It's just funny that, after 9 + years of not working she can still get credit but when we were in our 20's & really needed it, not a friggin dime.

HomeLAN

I got some advice a while back and was told not to apply for too many offers in a short time period. Especially if you don't think you're going to be approved because it doesn't look good to have too may people checking your TRW so often. And it's not good to have so many accounts open, even if you're not going to use them.

Correct! Both those things lower your FICO score.