0bama Asks Paterson to Drop Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campaigning is a traditional political device, used by politicians throughout the years. A president will typically put his support behind his party's candidates in governor's races.

So your saying you don't have a problem with presidents having an opinion in state matters.

Good, I'm glad we got this cleared up.

Spike, are you saying you didn't have any objection to Bush helping campaign at the state level? For the record.

No, it was fine when Bush did it, it's fine now. No wrongs make a right.

On one hand you have a PoTUS campaigning for a state-level candidate, like presidents have done, probably from day 1.

On the other hand you have PoTUS TELLING a governor that his time is up and NOT to think about reclaiming his seat.

Hello?? It's all the same? No one sees a distinction?

Or maybe it's OK if The One is indeed The Messiah:

I would remind the far right what the Apostle Paul wrote, " ... there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." Hence, Obama is the U.S. president and leader of the Free World because he was appointed by God.

On one hand you have a PoTUS campaigning for a state-level candidate, like presidents have done, probably from day 1.

On the other hand you have PoTUS TELLING a governor that his time is up and NOT to think about reclaiming his seat.

So two presidents having an opinion on the race for governor. Fascinating.

When the Bush Messiah has an opinion it's fine.

When Obama has an opinion it's "OH NOEZ THE TOTALITARIAN REGIME!@$! DRAMA DRAMA DRAMAS!"

So two presidents having an opinion on the race for governor. Fascinating.

When the Bush Messiah has an opinion it's fine.

When Obama has an opinion it's "OH NOEZ THE TOTALITARIAN REGIME!@$! DRAMA DRAMA DRAMAS!"

I have no doubt that you cannot see the difference.

Its OK, there is MUCH about this ObamaNation that is going to come to light soon enough.

I have no doubt that you cannot see the difference.

I see the difference. One was for a candidate and one was against.

Its OK, there is MUCH about this ObamaNation that is going to come to light soon enough.

I like the cryptic vague bullshit. It's like "Hey, I know I have no point now but at some later time I might be able to find one!".

2cdbvvdthjpg.gif

think that he's trying to boot out paterson so that Hil-Dawg can run for NY governor in 2010, then for president in 2016?

I think it's more that he has a personal beef with Paterson and this "popularity" thing makes for a nice cover.

I think it's more that he has a personal beef with Paterson and this "popularity" thing makes for a nice cover.

It probably should have been handled privately. All the same this Patterson guy is a fool! If I was running a 20% approval rating, I'd probably resign, not to mention running again. The thing is he probably won't even win the Democratic primary if someone challenges, so it seems like a non-issue to me! The chances of a Republican governor in New York are probably slim, but even if it happens, look for it to last 4 years no more....

"Of 11 governor's races this year, the president has campaigned just with the North Carolina Republican nominee, Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory, and he has appeared with only a handful of hopefuls for 435 U.S. House seats."

Seriously, tell me you can't see the difference.

I thought everyone knew that all those (R) candidates wanted as much distance from Dubya as possible! The man was a boat anchor! His political capital all spent and all he could do would be drag other Republicans down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back