3 hours...

Aunty Em said:
... till I die.

I've got my CompTIA A+ Core Hardware Exam @ 12 noon.

I feel sick! :sick3:
By the time you read this you'll be done and you know now what a piece of cake it really was. ;)

Mountains outta molehills, Em. You're at a bigger risk of overthinking the questions. Read them twice, and try to avoid the exotic answers.

:swing::swing::swing: I PASSED!!!!! :D:D:D

All the "burning the midnight oil" and wandering around with my nose in a book was worth it.

Pass mark was 515, I got 680.

Aunty Em said:

All the "burning the midnight oil" and wandering around with my nose in a book was worth it.

Well Duh!. We knew that before you left.

Aunty Em said:

you expected any less?

dogpile on Aunty
:bgpile:

Have you taken software yet? It's a bit harder, when I took it it took me about 50% longer than the hardware, but you should do fine, since you've got a 680 on Hardware you obviously know your way around.

Thanks everybody. :)

Altron said:
Have you taken software yet? It's a bit harder, when I took it it took me about 50% longer than the hardware, but you should do fine, since you've got a 680 on Hardware you obviously know your way around.
No I haven't taken the OS exam yet. I've got 3 more exams to take to complete my ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence - Basically Microsoft Office including Outlook plus File Manangement, Data Protection Act, Health & Safety, etc. and anything else they want to fling at us) which will take about 6 weeks as I only go 2 days a week and we can't take the books away with us, so I plan work around that and give myself about 2 - 4 weeks to cram before the exam, so probably around mid - late April.

I took today off because I woke up in a lot of pain and very tired. I really can't drive far without getting exhausted and the test centre is on the first floor with no lift. Normally I wouldn't even consider trying to get up the stairs, but the next nearest test centre is 40 miles away and I can't drive that far. I knew it was going to be difficult but I was just absolutely determined to do it.

I should get myself a bumper car (automatic shift), I probably wouldn't get so tired. I drove over to my ex Dave's place and got him to drop me off and pick me up as there is nowhere to near enough for me to walk from. I bought lunch as a thank you. lol

After all that I plan to go back to SignPost as a volunteer a couple of mornings a week and build it up to a couple of full days I hope. They finally have the lift installed. :)

I'll let my Disability Advisor know what I'm doing and also get in touch with a charity that helps people in my position with the transition from benefit to work and the equipment they might need at work. I'll be looking for a job, but it may need to be part-time to begin with. I also need to know the proceedure for claiming disabilty tax credit etc. Going back to work is gonna be a bit scarey financially for the first couple of months till things settle down and my tax and other benefits are sorted out, but I've gotta do it some time, so it might as well be sooner rather than later.

I've made sure I've got all the equipment that I need at home. Fortunately as my apartment is adapted for the disabled it didn't require too much and I've tried to keep it as normal looking as possible... though nothing can disguise that walker trolley...

Talking too much again. :lol:

You did fine on this one and you'll do fine on all the others. You have nothing to worry about! Congrats on the pass!

Aunty Em said:
Thanks everybody. :)

No I haven't taken the OS exam yet. I've got 3 more exams to take to complete my ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence - Basically Microsoft Office including Outlook plus File Manangement, Data Protection Act, Health & Safety, etc. and anything else they want to fling at us) which will take about 6 weeks as I only go 2 days a week and we can't take the books away with us, so I plan work around that and give myself about 2 - 4 weeks to cram before the exam, so probably around mid - late April.

I took today off because I woke up in a lot of pain and very tired. I really can't drive far without getting exhausted and the test centre is on the first floor with no lift. Normally I wouldn't even consider trying to get up the stairs, but the next nearest test centre is 40 miles away and I can't drive that far. I knew it was going to be difficult but I was just absolutely determined to do it.

I should get myself a bumper car (automatic shift), I probably wouldn't get so tired. I drove over to my ex Dave's place and got him to drop me off and pick me up as there is nowhere to near enough for me to walk from. I bought lunch as a thank you. lol

After all that I plan to go back to SignPost as a volunteer a couple of mornings a week and build it up to a couple of full days I hope. They finally have the lift installed. :)

I'll let my Disability Advisor know what I'm doing and also get in touch with a charity that helps people in my position with the transition from benefit to work and the equipment they might need at work. I'll be looking for a job, but it may need to be part-time to begin with. I also need to know the proceedure for claiming disabilty tax credit etc. Going back to work is gonna be a bit scarey financially for the first couple of months till things settle down and my tax and other benefits are sorted out, but I've gotta do it some time, so it might as well be sooner rather than later.

I've made sure I've got all the equipment that I need at home. Fortunately as my apartment is adapted for the disabled it didn't require too much and I've tried to keep it as normal looking as possible... though nothing can disguise that walker trolley...

Talking too much again. :lol:

I had no idea that there were office certs...

Back