a compliment?

kuulani

last night i go to the store for some grocery shopping, and as i was checking out, the cashier asks for an i.d. for some alcohol i was purchasing for my husband.

of course, this is the day where i leave my driver's license in the car, so i tell her i don't have an i.d. with me.

she then says she can't sell this alcohol to me. i understand the law, but i look at her and say, "i'm 28 years old, i'm legal."

of course, she doesn't trust me, "ï'm sorry, ma'am."

"do i look straight out of high school?"

"no, ma'am, but i can't sell this to you."

"i'm probably 10 years older than you."

"ï'm sorry ma'am."

needless to say, she popped my xmas bubble. so i drive to the gas station across the street, where the lady happily sold me my alcohol. :D

hobart says to take it as a compliment. :p to him.

well, that's better than the two stupid high school boys that were smoking a joint in broad daylight while pumping gas. :alienhuh:

... and they're supposed to be our future?

I doubt they'll be our future if they keep smoking while pumping gas. :D

BTW...Cherish the thought of looking that young. When it goes away, it leaves fast... :winkkiss:

Squiggy said:
Now theres a strong "don't drink and drive" statement. Alcohol at a gas station? :rofl:

Damned staright.

Out west you can buy gas, booze & food, all in one stop. Some of the outlying areas sell ammunition too. It's you easterners who can't control yourselves. Hell, Phoenix even has drive-thru liquor stores.

thanks, squigg :lol: but being a fat, waddling pregnant lady in a store on the night before xmas eve ... just give me the alcohol!!

I can top that, in Owensville, we have a Drive Up Liquor store. How about that?

And Coo-ooh, take it as a compliment, defintely.

Rose said:
i'm not one to preach, but is the alcohol for yourself? :blush:

no, no, no :D
i bought some beer for my husband ... for himself and for a recipe that he's trying out for xmas brunch :D

PuterTutor said:
I can top that, in Owensville, we have a Drive Up Liquor store. How about that?

And Coo-ooh, take it as a compliment, defintely.

*adds Owensville to my list of must-visit-destinations* :D

Phoenix even has drive-thru liquor stores.
Got 'em here to (we don't just drink 'shine). In Akron, I went to one where you drive through and tell 'em what you want. :lol:

kuu, even though it was a drag at the time it was most definitely a compliment! :winkkiss:

Last time I got carded the cashier said "never mind" as soon as she saw the size of the grin that cracked my face. :lol:

we have drive thru daquiri shops all over the place here....and they don't want to promote drinking and driving so they scotch tape the straw to the side of the cup....:rofl4: real deterrant, that.....

some people ive carded over the years love it and some hate it. i personally hate it. but it does mean you look young

Back