a compliment?

Gonz said:
Damned staright.

Out west you can buy gas, booze & food, all in one stop. Some of the outlying areas sell ammunition too. It's you easterners who can't control yourselves. Hell, Phoenix even has drive-thru liquor stores.

Here in Fl too Gonz :confused:
Gas , food, booze ???????

And sooo many ppl here in Fl get into car accidents, Gee wonder why??? :lloyd:

You can actually watch the ppl standing in some lines of the grocery store and swaying... GO FIGURE....

Oh, KU, but do take it as a compliment, I DO STILL. :swing:

what sucks is when your in a rush and you kinda get flustered because ppl dont know you and you have to either get your ID or like you said go somewhere else.

I just went back to the same store and had my i.d. ready to show ... and the bastard cashier didn't even ask for it.

That's the luck, I guess :D When you have an i.d. they don't ask for it :D

Mare said:
Here in Fl too Gonz :confused:
Gas , food, booze ???????

And sooo many ppl here in Fl get into car accidents, Gee wonder why??? :lloyd:

You can actually watch the ppl standing in some lines of the grocery store and swaying... GO FIGURE....
Have to remember Mare most of them are cottonballs and Q tips.....they plain don't know how to drive....or the driving laws are differant in other states??? Just have to always be on the defensive when driving here....

chatty kathy said:
Have to remember Mare most of them are cottonballs and Q tips.....they plain don't know how to drive....or the driving laws are differant in other states??? Just have to always be on the defensive when driving here....

OHHH - HI - Kat, your home from NJ for the holidays. :lol2:
We live in the same house but have 2 different schedules going on, didnt even see ya here. MAUUUHHHHH, welcome back to FL. We Missed You Sooooooo Much. :swing:

kuulani said:
I just went back to the same store and had my i.d. ready to show ... and the bastard cashier didn't even ask for it.

Figures!!!! I know that too - just wanted to whipp it out as if to say "SEE"... Just have to remember though-Men age gracefully and women usually don't-So , take advantage of the compliments now while you can :winkkiss: .

I'd take it as a compliment...the same way as I take it as an insult when some 17year old calls me "sir"

Aargh!!

As for beer at Gas Stations...all corner stores in Quebec sell beer and wine. :) Can't get them drive-through though...you actually have to stop, get out of the car and buy your booze.

The only thing drive-thru around here are fast-food, titless tellers, depanneurs (corner stores), and coffee houses like Tim Hortons. Everything else...get your lazy butt out of the car and walk! :p

kuulani said:

That's because they've installed the same security measures they have here in town. When you walk through the door, a quick scan relays to a little monitor right below the counter that only the cashier can see. This tells them INSTANTLY whether or not you are carrying identification. When it comes up negative, they ask for id always.

MrBishop said:
I'd take it as a compliment...the same way as I take it as an insult when some 17year old calls me "sir"

Aargh!!

As for beer at Gas Stations...all corner stores in Quebec sell beer and wine. :) Can't get them drive-through though...you actually have to stop, get out of the car and buy your booze.

The only thing drive-thru around here are fast-food, titless tellers, depanneurs (corner stores), and coffee houses like Tim Hortons. Everything else...get your lazy butt out of the car and walk! :p

oh Geez, I hate that-down here the ppl say Thank Ya Mame....I want to say DO I LOOK LIKE A MAME to you? But its just the slang for southern speech.

Mare said:
oh Geez, I hate that-down here the ppl say Thank Ya Mame....I want to say DO I LOOK LIKE A MAME to you? But its just the slang for southern speech.
yeah..that's the south...my 3 year old knows to say ma'am and sir...that's just how it is....cept i only like it from children and older men...everyone else can call me miss.

tonks said:
yeah..that's the south...my 3 year old knows to say ma'am and sir...that's just how it is....cept i only like it from children and older men...everyone else can call me miss.

So I guess calling you "sexy" would also be inappropriate? ;)

this has nothing to do with anything other than ... you suppose this is a compliment?

I visited my friend Jorje several months ago at his home and met his mom for the first time. After a pleasant visit, I head home. Later Jorje tells me that his mom paid me a compliment. She said, "She's as common as an old shoe". :s

Now, that doesn't sound much like a compliment. I know she meant it nicely and was simply saying that I was down to Earth and not prissy or anything. But ... goodness.

:lol:

tonks said:

It's been at least 15 years since anyone called me "miss"..... :crying5:

I got called miss once about 5 years back even with my broad shoulders and a full beard. It was a young lady that was being utterly slammed at a gas station register. I approached from her left side blind spot so that all she saw of me in her peripheral vison was a one second glimpse of my long hair. She said 'yes, miss?' right as she was turning her head to look me in the eye and instantly had this embarrassed look of horror and regret upon her face as she realized her mistake. In one second flat she blushed, dropped her gaze to her feet, and seemingly shrank to one inch in height until I assured her it was OK and that I understood the reason for the mistake.

kuulani said:
last night i go to the store for some grocery shopping, and as i was checking out, the cashier asks for an i.d. for some alcohol i was purchasing for my husband.
Lucky you. Last spring a bus driver wanted to see my i.d. To make sure I wasn't over 30. :crying4:

(I had a students card for the bus, and they only give discounts to students under 30)

Back