A form of punishment

kuulani

For some people in Hawaii, when they break the law, they are sentenced to hold a sign on a main road listing their offense.

This morning I saw a young man holding a sign reading "Heart Attack from Ice"

Is that better or worse than the guy I saw last week ... "Spouse Abuser"?

Tell me about it ... when I was a kid and my brother and I fought, my dad made us hold hands in the driveway ... sometimes we had to stand there hugging each other :eek:

yeah - I saw that too ...

I phuckinghateice ... and the stoopid asses who bring it in ... and sell it .. and use it ... dumbphucktards ...

kuulani said:
Tell me about it ... when I was a kid and my brother and I fought, my dad made us hold hands in the driveway ... sometimes we had to stand there hugging each other :eek:

Oooo. Thank you. My daughter's gonna feel that one, for sure.

I'm so out of the loop, I had no idea what Ice was. I kept picturing someone dumping ice cubes down someone's shirt and giving them a heart attack. :retard:

That is so cool that they do that though. I don't know how much of a deterrent it is to the true scum but I still like that idea.

greenfreak said:
I'm so out of the loop, I had no idea what Ice was. I kept picturing someone dumping ice cubes down someone's shirt and giving them a heart attack. :retard:

yeah, that's what i thought when i read the first post.

Professur said:
Good. I've always found public shame to be a very powerful deterent.

Long ago & far away, public shame also stopped welfare, out of wedlock births (not stopped but it wasn't 80% of the modern births), crime, etc.

In a year or two it'll be hip to be signed.

Hm.... I don't really know about public punishments. Would you put up there floggings? I came pretty close to one myself and was scared to death. It certainly is a very, very strong reason for me NOT to go do something.

Where we live there is a certain programme where when youth offenders are caught, they are taken to meet the person/s they commited the crime against and have to talk to them face to face.
It's a really good way of forcing them to see the consequences of what they do, and it's really cut down crime around here. We have one of the lowest crime rates in the uk, anyway.

I'm all for the good, old-fashioned stocks...Like from the late 17th to mid 18th century. Nothing like being placed out in public with your arms and head locked down and your ass in the air (inviting all sorts of cruel punishment) to keep crime down...

stocks.jpg

lol, yeah I guess it would be pretty good. Hm, very embarassing to say the least, not to mention people can be very cruel having you sit there helpless. But it would deter petty crimes. Shoplifted? Put him in stocks for a day or two. lol. Sounds so medievilish.

Back