A kinder, gentler military

ahaha That's a good one.

They sure never had a problem yelling at us when I did basic in 2002!

I remember talking to an American sailor who was working on the USS Constitution a few years ago when I sailed down to Boston. She was awesome, gave us a wicked tour of the ship and talked with us for a long while. She did basic the same year as I did and got talking about it. She was saying how they "learn" how to use a rifle, but never actually touch one in basic! We had the damn thing strapped to our back in the first week. She said it was a joke her self.

I know that they have toned down our basic over the years as well. They can't hit us anymore obviously.... But no yelling? Commme on!

When I did basic they made a type of documentary of our time in the field. It's quite funny going back and watching them yell at us.

aw nice. Found a screenshot I took from the video years ago!

That's me, closest guy to the camera. I'll never forget those 9 weeks.

I know they yell at our guys, cos they're usually doing it right outside where I work, and I end up feeling like I should yell summin back. :tardbang:

I've been through those, too...Changed the name of the course at least twice since I've been in...Started out as Social Actions, then moved to Leadership Skills, and now its part of the Equal Employment Opportunity office. I always give the carrot and stick approach, though. If they don't listen, I beat them with the stick. If they still don't listen, I shove the carrot up their ass...:devious:

Wierd, but probably effective. :D

Back