A question for Frank Zappa fans

Gonz said:
The one that sold the most was the one that had his daughter singing that culture changing song, Valley Girl (was it Joes Garage v1?)
*ding* It was the one where Moon did her little Valley Girl song, but it wasn't Joes Garage. The album that Valley Girl was on was : Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch... which would be the third CD on the third row up from the bottom; the all white cover with just a few black lines on it that looks like a boat getting near a pointy hat in the water... just above the Mothers of Prevention album that Freako owns (which contains a recording of Al Gore having an exchange with Frank in the midst of the PMRC hearings)

My favorites are: Joes Garage, Sheik Yerbouti, Apostrophe, and Hot Rats.

Freako, The Jazz From Hell album won a grammy for the song G-Spot Tornado... which probably was another reason that it got the explicit label.

Titties and Beer, Titties and Beer, Titties and Beer, Titties and Beer, Titties and Beer, Titties and Beer...

Oh, and if we're going to ask Frank a question, won't we have to hold a seance?

Actually, my favorite thing I ever heard from Frank is a quote: "Tipper Gore is a twit."

Tipper is the reason I wouldn't vote for her husband in that last election. She scares the hell out of me. :eek5:

Frank was the greatest. *sigh*

*wanders off humming "Brown Shoes Don't Make It"

unclehobart said:
My favorites are: Joes Garage, Sheik Yerbouti, Apostrophe, and Hot Rats.

Freako, The Jazz From Hell album won a grammy for the song G-Spot Tornado... which probably was another reason that it got the explicit label.

just frm the song name? wow Godhead has a song called Fucked up and none of their albums have the sticker.

freako104 said:
just frm the song name? wow Godhead has a song called Fucked up and none of their albums have the sticker.
Think of the atmosphere 20 years ago. People were a lot touchier back then. Not much phases people in todays atmopshere.

Since I'm too lazy to look, what was the "hit single" (oxymoron with Zappa) from Sheik Yerbouti...that is where I thought Valley Girl came from

Sheik Yerbouti had Zappas only #1 hit... of course it was in Norway... not the states. ;) Bobby Brown

Dancin' Fool won a grammy.

Back