AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My mom is learning to use the internet! Everyone run and hide!

she won't be coming here or anything. You just have to hide because the entire internet is liable to come crashing down on top of us!

If she breaks the Internet, there is only one thing I can say to her.

:trippin:

True story, okay... One of my relatives has a son that knows about computers but she just doesn't have the first clue. Once he was out somewhere, and rang back because he needed her to send him something from their home PC by email. But she kept saying to him over the phone that nothing was working.
Thing is, she was holding the mouse up in the air and waving it around, going "it's not moving! It's not moving!"

:laugh:

my mom scheduled me for Saturday morning ... set up her computer (that's been sitting in boxes in her room for over 6 months) and teach her how to use it ... please .. pray ... to whatever god(s) of your choice ...

Our folks just went to Malaysia for a few weeks and while they were out there they used my grandad's PC to talk to us over MSN (both are pretty good with PCs).

Now they have come home and my grandad has started using MSN too. The problem is that he is being automatically logged on as my mum (with her RIDICULOUS nickname, "tum tum") in Malaysia and is trying to talk to us. It's all pretty fucked up - as Scanty can tell you - she was speaking to our g'dad thinking he was my mum. I don't know what happened, but I'm sure it wasn't pretty. :D

Hey, if I could teach my mother and my wife's Grandfather to use the net and they didn't break it, I'm thinking we're pretty safe.

I taught my mother to use AIM Express (I didn't know if she could download AIM, so I decided to just skip that and get her on express) at work and set up her account and everything so she can talk to us when we're online at home. Fortunately, she doesn't come to these bulletin boards unless I give her a link to something specific.

I guess I should have been more specific. My mom is learning to use MSN and hotmail (atleast those are the only things my brother told me he was teaching her). *pictures my mom loose in cyber space* Oh! That is scary! She would get lost I think!

Oh yeah, I forgot, back when I made my current E-mail address ([email protected]) I had to tell her how to access it since about 95% of the non-spam E-mails we receive are bowling or road rallye related, many with files attached, and it's easier for us both to be able to access it so we can each get files and not have to forward everything all the time. My brother can also access the account, but he hardly ever does unless we want him to do it for us.

Back