Ain't nothin' like it

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
A good barbershop. Old men telling almost as many lies as fishermen, jokes older than Joan Rivers, more BS flying about than at the Calgary Stampede...one of life's little pleasures.

The hot towels on the face, the real straight-razor, trimmers and the cheesy tile floors :) An old TV on a wall stand, magazines older than the customers and the occasional adult calendar ont he wall.

My guy's like that...including the brabershop pole outside his door.
barberpole10.gif

...and cheap! Half the price of any his/hers hair groomers joint and twice the service. Hell, he even knows my name!

I gotta agree with you there SnP... nothing quite like it

unless its a lady with oversized assets leaning over you to shampoo your hair

but you didn't hear me say that ;)

The only place V2.0's ever been OK with a haircut is an actual barbershop. None of this "Hair Cuttery" crap, he wants the real deal. Sit him on the stool with a real barber doing the work, and he's cool with it.

Ain't any round here no more, dagnabit.

There's this place across the street which used to be a Fantastic Sam's but is now owned by the head stylist there. Not old timey, but I can go in, get my haircut quick (they all know my razor number) and get out before I have to switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer at the laundromat. Besides, for mindless chat, I come here. :D

Gonz said:
What's a barbershop?
Some place that breeds quartets for a living?

You saying that you don't have them in your area?

Barbershops and smoky pool-halls... one of last of the 'mens clubs' left.

All the pool halls around here are of the non-smoky variety. California banned smoking in public buildings ages ago.

SouthernN'Proud said:
A good barbershop. Old men telling almost as many lies as fishermen, jokes older than Joan Rivers, more BS flying about than at the Calgary Stampede...one of life's little pleasures.

Well, something close exists for women. I belong to Curves. It is an exercise place that caters to women. We do have some very interesting conversations. LOL

Of course, no quartets can be developed --- working out to very fast music doesn't leave much breath for singing. ;)

Inkara1 said:
Anyone ever see The Man Who Wasn't There?

Awesome movie, very underrated.

There's been a resurgence in barber shops it seems. I've noticed 4 or 5 new ones around town in the past 2 or 3 years. All have stayed in business too, while 2 Great Clips have closed. Great to see.

The wife took V2.0 to get his hair cut two days ago. We keep his hair manageable, but not all that short. I keep mine pretty tight.

Having seen me tell the guy to use #4 clippers all over my head, he insisted on clippers. I think they used #2. He looks like a freaking tennis ball. I don't like it. Short is good, non-existant, not so much.

i don't have a place i go. i have a person that i go to. i followed her to a new salon. once you find someone that does it right you tend to go to some lengths to keep them.

My hair was down to my shoulders untill about 2 weeks ago. Went camping for a week, no running water. I didn't want to come back with dreadlocks, as that would violate one of my personal philosophies:

Never trust a white dude with dreads.

I used to live with hippies.

Back