Alice in Wonderland fansite i'm making

BlurOfSerenity

i've been working on The 8th Square.
www.8th-square.net
it's an alice in wonderland fansite thing.
at the time of writing this, all it has is some artwork, a bad essay, a history of why i love alice, a few links, and a layout that i'm proud of.
(there's a list on the site about what it will hopefully have in the future)
anyhow, i am just posting about it because i know some of you like alice, and so i thought this would be a decent way to promote my new site.

if you have any suggestions or problems with the site, let me know!

very nice... i'm a huge fan myself... read the books and done the show five times with different children's theatres

maybe you could have a page listing/linking all the different film versions there are?

brownjenkins said:
maybe you could have a page listing/linking all the different film versions there are?

good suggestion, i'll add it to the list! *added*

and bish, is the text good now? i only did it on the main page, so far... is it decently sized?

ash r said:
good suggestion, i'll add it to the list! *added*

and bish, is the text good now? i only did it on the main page, so far... is it decently sized?

Far easier...serif-text is tough to read when it's small. The letters blur in together. Ariel and other block fonts are good for small sized fonts.

i always just use the default thing, i don't specify a font or size, lol. maybe i should start.
i added a chat room, it's not a stupid ad-y one either.
i saw freako joined it :)

i just spent a long long time making a table of some of my copies. i got 18 of approximately 30 on there. it made me exhausted. but i feel good about it. i've actually wanted to organize a table of my copies for a long time.

I've only got one copy of Alice in Wonderland, and Through the Looking Glass, respectively. 'Course, they're the limited edition folio publications, properly bound with a slip-case, and feature the original artist's wood-etched illustrations, so me happy. ;)

i really want to get a copy of either book from 1899 or before.
Adventures was 1865, and i believe looking glass was 1872, but even though first editions are sometimes found they always go for hundreds of dollars and are SUPER rare. :( so i figure if i can find one from 1899 or before, i can be happy with that.

Back