All you Americans...

They have their priorities straight. Did I just say straight in a SF discussion? Sorry.

tonksy said:
they may still but the story a few years back was that the federal government was applying pressure to the states that hadn't moved the drinking age. they were going to cut their highway funding or something similiar.
Exactly. The federal government wanted to reduce drunk driving by people who had only had their licenses a short time, so they told the states, "you know, you don't have to raise your drinking age to 21... but we also don't have to send you a cut of the federal highway funds."

As an aside, I live about 10-15 minutes from San Luis Obispo, the very first city in the nation to ban smoking in public places. Eventually, the whole state banned it. It was very odd for me the last time I was in Nevada, because I heard the words, "smoking or non-smoking?" in a restaurant for the first time in ages. I'd actually forgotten that other states allow smoking.

PostCode said:
Yep. 18 to smoke, 21 to drink, 18 to die for your country. :retard:

Hearing ya loud and clear here......18 to die for your country....So pass me a damn smoke and a stiff one, i'd be saying.....

Over here it's 18 to drive, 18 to smoke (was 16, changed about 10 years ago I think), 18 to drink beer/wine and 21 to drink liquer(sp?).

Smoking is banned from all restaurants and pubs. I like that law. :swing:

Wow!

Here on the tiny cold grey island... its

16 for hetros to do it.
16 to purchase cigs
18 for Gay couples to get it on... I think... although they were lobbying to change that to 16 not abreast with gay news
17 to marry with out parental concent
17 to drive
18 to drink and purchase booze... any booze
18 to vote.

:shrug:

I seriously think the 21 laws need re-examining... What do you students do? Actually study!!!!! :eek:

ClaireBear said:
Wow!

16 for hetros to do it.
16 to purchase cigs
18 for Gay couples to get it on... I think... although they were lobbying to change that to 16 not abreast with gay news
17 to drive
18 to vote.
Now, there is something I always found strange.. I know many countries have different age limits for gays and heteros. We don't. Here it's 16 for everyone.
--
Gotta be 18 to marry and vote here.
I seriously think the 21 laws need re-examining... What do you students do? Actually study!!!!! :eek:
Beer, my dear, beer.

Well, not for me, that is. I hate the stuff.

To join the Canadian Forces the min age is 17 I believe.
To drink, 18 or 19 depending on the province.

ClaireBear said:
Wow!

16 for hetros to do it.
16 to purchase cigs
17 to drive
18 to vote.

when I was underage other people bought for me and friends. I never study and yet I do allright

Sweden:
15 to drive a moped
16(or was it 15? can't remember) to have sex
16 to drive a light MC
18 to get a driver's licence
18 to smoke/use snuff
18 to die for your country
18 to buy that watered-down shit they call beer(alc<3,5%)
18 to get married
edit: 18 to vote.
20 to buy real beer and hard liquor

(18 to bring real beer through customs. go figure)

Kawaii said:
Sweden:
15 to drive a moped
16(or was it 15? can't remember) to have sex
16 to drive a light MC
18 to get a driver's licence
18 to smoke/use snuff
18 to die for your country
18 to buy that watered-down shit they call beer(alc<3,5%)
18 to get married
20 to buy real beer and hard liquor

(18 to bring real beer through customs. go figure)

As many times as I read that I didn't see the age to vote
guess getting drunk laid and killed is more important anyway...

Starya said:
Now, there is something I always found strange.. I know many countries have different age limits for gays and heteros. We don't. Here it's 16 for everyone.
--

Summit to do with predatory older gay blokes preying on the "I'm having an erection due this nicely shaped teapot... wow! My best mate is so good at sport, great with the ladies and hard!... I'M GAY!" young boys... those who ain't but think they are...

Supposedly... :shrug:

so...if you are gay does that mean you are going to curtail your feeling until the legal age? or is it more of another charge to tack on to older predators for fiddling with young impressionable teens?

Starya said:
--
Gotta be 18 to marry and vote here.

Beer, my dear, beer.

Well, not for me, that is. I hate the stuff.

In MD 16 is age of consent within 5 years.I think the same is for NC

tonksy said:
so...if you are gay does that mean you are going to curtail your feeling until the legal age? or is it more of another charge to tack on to older predators for fiddling with young impressionable teens?

Well... aren't straight individuals expected to wait til they're of a certain age too?

If it were up to me I'd love the two years grace... that up there!!!! :eek: I'd need the time to prepare mentally and physically! :p :D

It is wrong though... I agree... but I don't make the rules and I'm only summising on the reasons behind them.. :shrug:

Back