Allens Thought for the Day. 80s TV actors either faded away or wound up in Sci-fi

AnomalousEntity

Macgyver is now Colonel Oneal

Murdock was Leut. Barkley (which I thought ok since FaceMan had previously been Star buck)

Scarecrow ended up the Captain on Babylon 5

Clayton was Odo

(The short guy also from Benson) was Neelix

Mr. Roark was Kahn (and he was before being Mr. Roark also)

Captain Stubbing was Captain Picard (not really but Its funny nontheless)

Ok Sexy boo. Im drawing a blank what were some more we were thinking of?

AnomalousEntity said:
Ok Sexy boo. Im drawing a blank what were some more we were thinking of?
The main one I mentioned was how Hercules is now the captain of the Andromeda, but that was the 90's, wasn't it? :nuts2:

SexyBoo said:
The main one I mentioned was how Hercules is now the captain of the Andromeda, but that was the 90's, wasn't it? :nuts2:

Unless you count the dandruff commercials he started out in, which I think may have aired in the 80s.

Hercules didnt really qualify in the realm of normal TV or Sci-fi. IMO it was more "fantasy" or as I like to call it "Lame-ass" along with xena, buffy,angel, etc.

Well fans of Dr. Who and The land before time (whom I respect) naturally broadened into this larger "fantasy genre". I liked Dr. Who etc, but I didnt flow that way.

I do like smallville though. :alienhuh:

Rose said:
Did you forget about Scott Bakula? Or does he not count? :(

/me drools for Bakula

he was on quantum leap, wasnt that a sci-fi show?

so he never came to sci-fi, he just continued.

Well, yeah, but he was a tv actor. Kinda. Oooh! No! He's reversed! He started on Sci-fi (Quantum Leap) and now he's on UPN (Star Trek). :D How's that?

Rose said:
Did you forget about Scott Bakula? Or does he not count? :(

/me drools for Bakula

i remember when he was in playgirl... man, i was pissed when he wasn't nude.

I dunno what it is about him.

scott_bakula.jpg

But gosh. :blush: :drool:

And another weird thing. The only Three exceptions I could think of were Tom hanks (who started out in Boosom buddies), Tom Selleck, and Bruce Willis (moon lighting)

tonks said:
levar burton did 321 contact in the 70's before he was gordie.

He did Reading Rainbow for a long time (he may still be doing the show for all I know). I've never been a trekkie, so I've always known him as the Reading Rainbow guy :)

rrfield

rrfield said:
He did Reading Rainbow for a long time (he may still be doing the show for all I know). I've never been a trekkie, so I've always known him as the Reading Rainbow guy :)

rrfield

he was also in roots - the mini series.

tonks said:
he was also in roots - the mini series.

Yahoo Movies said:
African American actor LeVar Burton was a 19-year-old UCLA drama student when he was catapulted into international fame. On January 23, 1977, Burton made his professional debut as young Kunta Kinte, the protagonist of the classic TV miniseries Roots. He went on to give first-rate performances in such TV movies as Dummy (79) and One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore Story (78). Among LeVar Burton's more conspicuous TV appearances in the past decade have included his hosting chores on PBS' Reading Rainbow (83- ) and his regular role as sightless Lieutenant Geordi LaForge on the syndicated Star Trek: The Next Generation (87-92). He has continued playing Lt. LaForge in the feature film versions of Star Trek. Burton is also a published author. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800016020&cf=biog&intl=us

Back