Am i the only one here running Win2kServer?

HeXp£Øi±

After looking at those desktops it appears everyone is running Xp. I'm running Win2kAdvanced server 2195.
Anyone else running win2k?

My computer - XP Pro
My server 1 - 2000 Advanced Server
My server 2 - 2000 Advanced Server
My server 3 - Linux
My notebook - Windows 2K Pro
My bro - XP Pro
Family - 98 SE

win2k pro for 2 years here, going to try advanced server within a short while :)

not that I need it, just to try :)

Was going to run 2k server on the HTPC/server but I've settled for WinXP Pro + Winroute for what I want to do.

I think JT runs 2kAS. Nice OS from what I've heard.

Yeah, winroute kicks ass seriously. I have that running too, and Port Mapping is SO good!

Stable, and easy app :)

i run win2000pro and currently see no point in switching to xp.
i'm pretty sure justin has win2kas on at least one of his 435 machines.

Win2K Pro, don't need the Server edition (run Apache and other 3rd party tools anyways), and XP... well... blah.

Psycho said:
Win2K Pro, don't need the Server edition (run Apache and other 3rd party tools anyways), and XP... well... blah.
Apache on Windows is like MS Office on Linux WINE. It sux.

First of all, I don't run Win/Apache it in a production environment. I don't run a fulltime server at all (I'll let my hosting company do that), and if I would, it would be running something like FreeBSD or Linux. At work we all work on Win2K, our fileserver is Win2K, but webserver and databaseservers (which are vital offcourse) are all running SuSe Linux.

Second, Apache is quite stable, even on Windows, and it kicks IIS' ass big time, so why wouldn't I use it? I won't install Linux just to get a testserver running, and I sure as hell won't run Linux as a desktop system...

ipmoof said:
I think JT runs 2kAS..
yup, 2k advanced doing remote desktop duties as a download and file server.

Attachment(s):

remote.jpg, 79.39kb

4_1033240892.jpg

I run nearly everything. I've even got a Win3.1 laptop running terminal client off my W2K server. Try that for slow.

I'm running W2K Pro and XP Pro but stick with 2000 most of the time. I don't need the shadows or fade effects, and the rest of it is the same to me.

At work I use XP because my external CD burner won't run on 2000 but will on XP. :confuse3:

Theres more compatiability, i've found XP to be sorta more stable than 2000 and games well, only drawbacks are more beefier hardware specs, and its sorta bloated, overall though a very good OS, i'd give it a 7/10 :D

Back