American Idol

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Yes, I watch it.

Up until tonight's show I have been in pretty good agreement with the choices made by judges and America.

However, I think Allison (sang "Angel") should have made it. That song isn't even my favorite, and her performance gave me chills. Clay's was good, but didn't do that for me. I thought it might have been a bit of cold air or something, but during the recap last night I immediately got chills again when she sang.

That song (despite my lack of love for it) is tremendously difficult to sing well. She sang it amazingly. Her voice is more pure than anyone else I've heard on the show, including Clay Aiken's (if he just had a touch of delayed vibrato in the upper tennor range, he would probably take the top spot for me). I can't find any flaw at all in the quality of her voice.

Perhaps they didn't think she had the "look" or "personality", which I'm sure does play a large role - as it should. That really dissapoints me though if that was the final reason for her not making it to the final 12. Hollywood can take just about any bimbo with a half-ass decent voice and turn them into a star. If they passed up on a jewel of a voice for the "look" then that is really pathetic.

Apparently, that is just what Simon did. His "pick" performed horribly tonight (as she has the whole contest). Sure, her voice is "unique" - uniquely irritating. I think Simon went for the look, and that really makes me sad. I've agreed with him every single time before now, but I think he really screwed the pooch this time. I guess everyone is entitled to mistakes.

I watched it too, but it's gotten boring since Simon hasn't smacked on anyone anymore........and he said that he was making mistakes EVERY week :lol2:

Never been home to see it, never cared to see it, not even sure what it is. A TV show, as far as I can tell.

Back