An admission that the GOP has acquired Fox

What is your point?

Do you feel that if it wasn't for that pesky Fox News, as a whole the media could be considered fair and balanced??

turner don't own cnn anymore does he?

Yep.

SOURCE

The continuing strong performance of Turner's core cable television networks is powering growth across the portfolio. TBS, the company’s flagship entertainment network, had its best year ever in 2008 in delivery of viewers 18-34 and aired the #1 scripted series in all of television with African-American adults, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne. TNT was the #1 ad-supported cable network with adult viewers in total day for the fifth consecutive year, airing the #1 original series on ad-supported cable, The Closer. And Adult Swim was the #1 ad-supported cable network with viewers 18-34, men 18-34 and men 18-34 in total day.

CNN’s multi-platform coverage of the 2008 election cycle culminated in record results for the Presidential Inauguration, with CNN/U.S. significantly out-delivering the cable news competition and CNN.com serving more than 26 million live video streams—five times its old record—making CNN.com’s coverage the largest online video event in Internet history. For the year, CNN.com remained the #1 news and information site on the Web and the CNN Political Ticker was the #1 political news blog. Anderson Cooper 360 was the #1 cable news show at 10 p.m. with viewers 25-54 and the landmark Black in America series was the top-rated documentary on cable news for the year. According to the latest survey of the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, CNN remains the most trusted news organization in the United States, a distinction it has held for more than a decade.

well I guess ted and jane were two peas in a pod.

he musta bought back in more when aol split the scene.

The reference to "Turners core cable networks" is just that, a reference to a corporation, not an owner or majority stockholder. It is not verification Ted Turner owns, operates, calls policy for, or has influence on CNN or any other Turner named media corporation. Ted Turner sold his corporations to Time Warner and AOL and has not served on the Board of Directors of Time Warner, AOL, or any other media outlet for many years. Neither is he a majority stockholder.

You don't get out much, do you?

It is, has been, and will continue to be common knowledge that Rupert Murdock is a Republican and a Conservative.

Pssst. Don't look now but ... I don't know quite how to break this to you ... but ... but ... Ted Turner owns CNN and he is a Democrat and a Liberal.

You going fo a point here? This guy wasn't saying Rupert Murdoch should acquire another news outlet.

You going fo a point here? This guy wasn't saying Rupert Murdoch should acquire another news outlet.

Where in the hell you got that off-the-wall response from is beyond me. Rupert Murdock already owns Fox.

So what was your point that Fox is somehow admittedly under the control of the Republicans when the owner, who controls the company, is a Republican?

Your so-called "point", pursuant to your thread title, was that is has now been admitted "... that the GOP has acquired Fox".

Do you know what the meaning of the word "acquired" is? Obviously not.

yeah i hate to say it spike but this thread is pretty weak.

besides, is it any mystery that foxnews largely appeals to the goose steppers among us?

Where in the hell you got that off-the-wall response from is beyond me. Rupert Murdock already owns Fox.

"should acquire another news outlet."
The word "another" would mean an additional outlet not including Fox.

Do you know what the meaning of the word "another" is? Obviously not.

So what was your point that Fox is somehow admittedly under the control of the Republicans when the owner, who controls the company, is a Republican?

I see your problem. You think that because Murdoch owns Fox that it is equivalent to the GOP controlling Fox. It's interesting that you never believed their "Fair and Balanced" claim in the first place but some people have fallen for it.

Is there some kind of doubt that FNC has a conservative appeal to it? What's the big deal, anyway?

They don't call the other media outlets "The 0bama Media" for nothing.

36180228.JPG

and for good reason. he's intelligent and responsive, not a dumbshit like the twit they suffered throught the last eight years with.

Back