An explanation

It's a shame you don't see it that way (as "attacks" and trolling), Cerise. That may be your problem. I've notified the Admin staff of the board.

I went the doctor last week and he has declared me cured.

The virus is undetected, my ALT is 17, my AST is 22 so my liver functions are normal -- totally normal.

All of my blood work came back totally normal as well. There wasn't a single thing on the entire panel that was out of normal range. I couldn't be more normal if I were just born.

Now I have to do blood work for the next couple of years every six months to monitor liver function.

The only things I have left over from when I got sick in May 2010 are numb toes; and I now have a body odor I never had before -- but only on the right side. No one can come up with an explanation for that including my doctor. If I get stressed I can really smell myself. Phew!

So I guess the battle has been won but we will see what the future brings.

Thanks for all of the support and well wishes.

the wonders of western medical advances

so hep c can be cured?

Hope Osamacare doens't do away with such things

being half stinky beats being dead

it can be 'managed' relatively easy in most cases.
I've had it for 20 years.
Drinking alcohol nearly killed me though. A shot a year is manageable, but that
isn't my style.

My treatment was Interferon (one shot per week) and Ribavirin (two pills per day). Apparently, it was the Ribavirin that went after me and tried to kill me.

well i dunno about that peeler but it's great that yer done fixed up. does this mean you can start boozing it up again?

I never boozed it up that much before. I drink 2-3 beers a month and it takes me about 45 minutes to finish one. Now, in my younger days ...

I did have a beer for the first time in nearly two years with dinner the other night at a restaurant.

what did you have? where did you get dinner?

Went to The Pump House here in town. They are a restaurant/sports bar/microbrewery and they brew a nice Copper Ale. The theme is fire department decor. Lots of fire department memorabilia.

The sports bar portion is called The Red Zone.

I had the Cod fish and chips. Nice combo with the Copper. I've never tried the Salmon fish and chips. Might have to do that some day.

The wife had the Baja Burger made with Bison.

Next time you are in the area you should try it. Sixth and Main, in Longmont.

ever been to oskar blues? (lyons, i think.) they brew some pretty high alcohol beers. they kinda gross me out, actually. remind me of eastern europeon beers, kinda petrol-like.

Back