An Obama holiday?

jimpeel

Read it and weep. If you still think this was not about race then you are deluded.

The guy isn't even the president yet, has done absolutely nothing, and they want to honor him with a holiday for ... what?

http://special.cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

CJOnline.com / The Topeka Capital-Journal

Story originally published at http://cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml
CJOnline.com Home : News :
Planning under way for Obama holiday
The Capital-Journal
Published Sunday, November 09, 2008

Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

"Yes We Can" planning rallies will be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. every Tuesday at the downtown McDonald's restaurant, 1100 Kansas Ave., until Jan. 13. The goals are to secure a national holiday in Obama's honor, to organize celebrations around his inauguration and to celebrate the 200th birthday of President Abraham Lincoln, who was born on Feb. 12 1809.

At 7:30 a.m. on Inauguration Day, Obama Cake will be served at the downtown McDonald's, and a celebration is scheduled for 8 p.m. to midnight Jan. 20 at the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center, 420 S.E. 6th.

For more information, contact Sonny Scroggins, (785) 232-3761, 845-6148 or at [email protected]; Lamont Lassiter, McDonald's general manager, 608-2739; Ava Chander-Beard, (785) 234-9138, [email protected]

There sure is gonna be a lot of disappointed people ,when they realize it hasn't been "The Man" keeping them down all these years.

This actually might not be a bad idea. If he turns out to be the piece of shit we think he will then he will be enshrined forever as Jimmy Carter's second term ... lest we forget.

he'll have a holiday within ten years. might cost him something though.

that is not a wish simply a prediction by the way.

this is infantile imaginary drama at its best. big deal. a few activist types - out of a US population of 3 million - want a holiday. shit there's far, far more active members of the ku klux klan than there are obama holiday-ites.

yesterday, in orlando, a woman spotted three bullfrogs, together, on a log. oh my fucking god the bullfrogs are taking over!!!!

it's not about race, jim, for the rest of us. you seem to to keep finding it, though. curious.

this is infantile imaginary drama at its best. big deal. a few activist types - out of a US population of 3 million - want a holiday. shit there's far, far more active members of the ku klux klan than there are obama holiday-ites.

yesterday, in orlando, a woman spotted three bullfrogs, together, on a log. oh my fucking god the bullfrogs are taking over!!!!

it's not about race, jim, for the rest of us. you seem to to keep finding it, though. curious.

It would not be the first time that the tyranny of the minority wins the day. PC is so fluid in its makeup that nearly anything can be accomplished if one but presents it correctly.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a United States holiday marking the birthdate of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., observed on the third Monday of each year, around the time of King's birthday, January 15. It is one of four United States federal holidays to commemorate an individual person.[1]
King was the chief spokesman of the nonviolent civil rights movement, which successfully protested racial discrimination in federal and state law. He was assassinated in 1968.
The campaign for a federal holiday in King's honor began soon after his assassination. Ronald Reagan signed the holiday into law in 1983, and it was first observed in 1986. At first, some states resisted observing the holiday as such, giving it alternative names or combining it with other holidays. It was officially observed in all 50 states for the first time in 2000.

Give it time. A dozen years or so after Obama gets out of office, when his legacy can be examined, you'll be able to tell if his name deserves a holiday or not.

a few activist types - out of a US population of 3 million - want a holiday.

You do realize that it doesn't take 3 million people to pass law? It takes "a few activist types" to get the ball rolling & a few willing congress members tp put it through.

It's never a good idea to have a holiday for someone who is still alive. I'm not even sure it's legal. You might regret it later. This is why the navy doesn't name their ships after anyone until they are dead. Can you imagine what they would do if they had a ship named the USS Randy Cunningham?

You do realize that it doesn't take 3 million people to pass law? It takes "a few activist types" to get the ball rolling & a few willing congress members tp put it through.

yeah, whatever. it's a ridiculous stretch to think there's anything to this, and you know it. unless you've become as deluded as some of the weenies around here. you been hoarding ammo for the end? no? yeah, didn't think so...

Ridiculous stretch? Ever heard of gay marriage? Neither had anybody else until 10 year ago.

Not much surprises me...which is why I'm paranoid.

Ridiculous stretch? Ever heard of gay marriage? Neither had anybody else until 10 year ago.

Not much surprises me...which is why I'm paranoid.

Remember when the "All we want" crowd said "All we want is a few seats on the airplane and a small section in the restaurant that are non-smoking"?

Back