An opinion piece, yes, an opinion piece. ALERT--ALERT--OPINION PIECE--ALERT--ALERT

Re: An opinion piece, yes, an opinion piece. ALERT--ALERT--OPINION PIECE--ALERT--ALER

In perfection, the consumption tax would exclude housing, clothing, and food.

In case you have never gotten that part of the tax system wherein most state sales tax departments are called the "Board of Equalization", the key word is "Equalization".

The sales tax is the only fair tax as everyone of all stripes pays the same; but only if they actually spend money.

I could possibly go for the fair tax huckabee was pushing, but we'd
still have to have fuel thing in place. When oil spikes again, nothing else will help.

Re: An opinion piece, yes, an opinion piece. ALERT--ALERT--OPINION PIECE--ALERT--ALER

I`ve got a radical idea. Axe 90% of your gov`t workers ... who`s majority employment, it seems, is to collect your money .... and put back (at gun point if necessary) the gov`t your constitution demanded. Make roads either a state, local or corporate domain. Healthcare ... paid by the user. Military ... paid from import/export revenues like they`re supposed to be.

Has anyone ever seen what the books look like when you consider the cost of the DMV against the revenu it accumulates?

If they'd even it out, on what I've paid in to ss, less what I've drawn... (with interest, and inflation)
I think I could make the rest of my life on that.

Ummmmmm yeah, it did.

From YOUR POST #11

MY POST #12 addressed that and started as follows:

ie: I'll see your flat tax and raise you a consumption tax.

jim, perhaps "no connection" was too strong.

your lecture was a third-order branch-off.

it appeared because you were looking for a chance to show the world your glory. (why the fuck would you use bullet lists? did you pull that stuff out of powerpoint???)

what was this "opinion piece" you posted all about, anyway?

I`ve got a radical idea. Axe 90% of your gov`t workers ... who`s majority employment, it seems, is to collect your money .... and put back (at gun point if necessary) the gov`t your constitution demanded. Make roads either a state, local or corporate domain. Healthcare ... paid by the user. Military ... paid from import/export revenues like they`re supposed to be.

I'm in line.

jim, perhaps "no connection" was too strong.

Actually, it was just wrong.

your lecture was a third-order branch-off.

Based on your having started that branch. Do you have anything -- ANYTHING -- to say in contention or agreement with what I posted?

it appeared because you were looking for a chance to show the world your glory. (why the fuck would you use bullet lists? did you pull that stuff out of powerpoint???)

Perhaps you have never taken the time to look at the header of the response page of this forum. It is immediately above the composing window. One does not need to use powerpoint or any other program to place bullet points into the text.

Are you saying that we should not use the formatting tools provided by this forum? That it in some way offends you that we would do so?

what was this "opinion piece" you posted all about, anyway?

Holy shit. I thought you were more intelligent than to ask a question like that. If you can't figure out what it was about then nothing that I could post would enlighten you in the least.

Back