and so it starts...

My water line started to weep after moving it for the cabinet painting. I've not bothered to try and lock it down again. Ice usage here is iffy at best.

well, we had a guy come in today to replace the faucets in the bathrooms. whoever installed them originally must have thought they were going to last forever because they used the same stuff on those faucets too. the guy used a saws-all initially. only thing it did was break one of the nuts in half. the other half remained firmly secured to the threads. he had to take the knobs off and drill out the center to get the fool things off. took him a couple of hours, but all the faucets now look good and are working.
the leak under the sink seems to have abated on its own. guess the buildup in the valve finally settled in and plugged it up. going to have the guy come back and replace them once i get a chance to go out and buy the supplies.

The frig problem is $100 to fix. Since the frig is 15 years old, screw that. Solidifies my decision to buy plastic trays.

HomeLAN said:
The frig problem is $100 to fix. Since the frig is 15 years old, screw that. Solidifies my decision to buy plastic trays.

Lemme think...

Option A: Spend a grand on a new fridge that keeps things cold, makes ice in the door, and looks pretty.

Option B: Spend a Benjamin to fix the current fridge that keeps things cold but does not make ice at the push of a button.

Option C: Spend five bucks on some ice trays to put in the fridge that keeps things cold and spend the remaining $995 on something worthwhile.

No brainer, man. You did good. :thumbup:

Inkara1 said:
Dude! You can't tell me this fridge isn't even a little tempting!

:D

Lemme think...again...this could take awhile, y'all might wanna order pizza or somethin'...

OK, I am right with my thoughts now. As such, allow me to say:

The day I need a damn TV screen in the door of my fridge, someone please do the proper thing and shoot me point blank in or about the face. Thank you.

For the love of cocktail sauce, people, it's a damn fridge. You keep leftover Chinese takeout in it until the Moo Goo Gai Pan sprouts mold. Your kids open it, stare blankly inside at 75-second intervals on average of 16.9 times daily, then whine about there not being anything to eat in the house. It holds beer until you are ready to liberate the sweet golden nectar of the Gods. Why must we have LCD TV screens in the door of the freakin' fridge??! Wasn't putting a DVD player in the minivan enough? It's Survivor, folks...and ya know what? It's SCRIPTED!! Get over it! Watch TV in the living room, go to the fridge while some asinine commercial for something ELSE you don't need is on, get yer salsa and chips, and get on with life!

I need a vacation... :mope:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Lemme think...again...this could take awhile, y'all might wanna order pizza or somethin'...

OK, I am right with my thoughts now. As such, allow me to say:

The day I need a damn TV screen in the door of my fridge, someone please do the proper thing and shoot me point blank in or about the face. Thank you.

For the love of cocktail sauce, people, it's a damn fridge. You keep leftover Chinese takeout in it until the Moo Goo Gai Pan sprouts mold. Your kids open it, stare blankly inside at 75-second intervals on average of 16.9 times daily, then whine about there not being anything to eat in the house. It holds beer until you are ready to liberate the sweet golden nectar of the Gods. Why must we have LCD TV screens in the door of the freakin' fridge??! Wasn't putting a DVD player in the minivan enough? It's Survivor, folks...and ya know what? It's SCRIPTED!! Get over it! Watch TV in the living room, go to the fridge while some asinine commercial for something ELSE you don't need is on, get yer salsa and chips, and get on with life!
Well. I know I feel better. ;)

Back