And these are the people who tell you how to live your lives

ResearchMonkey

We grow 1/4 of the nations fruit and veggies here. 90% of the worlds Ammonds, pistachios, tomatoes, carrots, etc are grown here. Anything not tropical grows here, including feed for animals.

Last year 750,000 acres went planted, over 40,000 regular jobs lost. This year is going to be considerably worse.

For God's sake man, WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!

p8110523364113901std.jpg

jimpeel

they don't tell me how to live my life, jim.

not sure where all this oppression comes from.

you know, as much as i thought bush was a twit, i never thought he was doing anything to me personally or telling me how to live.

must be really tough living with the shadow of oppression cast over you at every moment.

If they're telling you how to live, Jim, then I feel sorry for you.

Bought any incandescent lamps lately?

The toilet of your choice?

Breathe without exhaling the dangerous GW gas co2?

Make too much noise?

Buy lead fishing weights?

Buy shotshells with lead shot?

Build a house?

Buy R-12 refrigerant?

Dispose of waste oil or chemicals?

Dispose of a CRT television set?

Paint a house built before 1978?

Yeah. I guess none of the above affects your life. Eventually, they will take enough to wake you up; or maybe you just love being a slave to regulation by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats who make law at the stroke of a pen.

Winky

Q:Bought any incandescent lamps lately?

A:Nope all of the lights I’ve bought have been CFL’s

Q:The toilet of your choice?

A:Last one I install I had to modify so it would flush enough to work.

Q:Breathe without exhaling the dangerous GW gas co2?

A:With every breath I destroy the planet.

Q:Make too much noise?

A:I’m quiet as a mouse, hiding in my house.

Q:Buy lead fishing weights?

A:Those haven’t been made in years.

Q:Buy shotshells with lead shot?

A:Neither have those.

Q:Build a house?

A:15 homes are sitting empty on my block.

Q:Buy R-12 refrigerant?

A:I have to go without it in the desert.

Q: Dispose of waste oil or chemicals?

A:I do but in an illegal manner in the dark of night.

Q: Dispose of a CRT television set?

A:Again, only under cover of night.

Q: Paint a house built before 1978?

A:The paint of today is crap, it lasts less than 24 months.

Statment:Yeah. I guess none of the above affects your life. Eventually, they will take enough to wake you up; or maybe you just love being a slave to regulation by unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats who make law at the stroke of a pen.

Response: They can pry my right to decide how I live my life from my cold dead hands.

2minkey

bootlicker
thank you for providing a list of PETTY ANNOYANCES, many of which have to do with obsolescence more than anything else.

hey, you know it's pretty damned hard for me to get a replacement wheel for my COVERED WAGON these days. let me parade around pissing and moaning. goddamned liberals trying to make a white man feel guilty about his goddam wagon wheel. i'll show you who's boss, commie faggots.

the way you folks talk, ANY LAW about ANY THING is massive and personal oppression.

zOMG jim you can't dump your used motor oil wherever the hell you want! how will the squirrels get their nuts for the winter???

Cerise

There is a monetary incentive for police to book citizens for DWI/DUI, even if the citizen passes the sobriety tests and breathalyzer.

I had a friend who spent the last year fighting his DWI. \ He found out from the clerk that the arresting officer made 40% of his $100K+ salary last year on DWI arrests alone.

What did this "friend" do to get pulled over? Forget to signal?

I had no idea a police officer got a commission on arrests they made. And when you think about it, shouldn't it be a commission on convictions?

:rolleyes:

In what town and state did this happen?

2minkey

bootlicker
Which is it?

there's no choice to be made there. what makes you think there is?

asking you how that stuff impacts my life and then noting that the list peel posted is composed largely of annoyances... seems perfectly consistent to me - i just find all the shit you guys complain about to be pretty petty.

let me guess - you and peel would have figured out that lead-based paint was bad for kids on your own, and kept family members away from that shit?

i wish i was an all-knowing, all-seeing, expert on all. why, i don't need a physician. i've got some gauze and a scalpel.

it's funny but when one becomes a real expert in something in particular, one also realizes how little they know about other fields of expertise. i'm glad that i can hire an electrician. otherwise, i'd be a crispy critter.

so hey man i've got a ton of chinese drywall i can sell you for your next home project. *punch*

seems like the only time you guys like any kind of law is when it's about immigrants. otherwise it's some kinda oppression thing. well, of course, it's also the oppression thing when it's about immigrants. yeah, must be tough.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
blah...blah...blah

let me guess - you and peel would have figured out that lead-based paint was bad for kids on your own, and kept family members away from that shit

bleh...bleh...bleh

Give me the information & allow me to chose. My dad is dead, I don't need another.

catocom

looks like a fire hazard.
Where's OSHA?
Where's the 'better business bureau'?
Where's the copyright lawyers?

only in gov. could one get away with this without any law being apply.

if it wasn't so likely, I'd say it was april-fools

jimpeel

thank you for providing a list of PETTY ANNOYANCES, many of which have to do with obsolescence more than anything else.

hey, you know it's pretty damned hard for me to get a replacement wheel for my COVERED WAGON these days. let me parade around pissing and moaning. goddamned liberals trying to make a white man feel guilty about his goddam wagon wheel. i'll show you who's boss, commie faggots.

the way you folks talk, ANY LAW about ANY THING is massive and personal oppression.

zOMG jim you can't dump your used motor oil wherever the hell you want! how will the squirrels get their nuts for the winter???

Lemme help ya out with that.

http://www.amishwares.com/site/1504461/page/45031