Another couple denied marriage license...

Why does everyone who is defending the JoP fail to see that in a government with a constitution such as ours, a government official must avoid even the appearance of racism? He is not being asked to judge a case he is being asked to do what his job description mandates that he do. He is payed by a supposed "by the people for the people of the people, all men are created equally...." It is dereliction of duty, therefore grounds for disciplinary action which could result in termination.

If an actual criminal court judge was overheard telling a racist joke in the courthouse, he would likely be disbarred in today's climate!

And how is the story not relevant if so many people feel so passionate about the issues?

attack ideas, not people - Leslie

MrBishop

so as long as its a selling point its ok

marvelous

Never said it was okay..just exposing what's happening. Former repressed minorities get away with swinging the pendulum further in the other direction than other groups. It's not helping find the middle at all, but it will eventually stop happening and the middle will happen.

MrBishop

Yes, that is unfortunate that we are being forced to accept the bad science of 'global warming'. inB4consensusblather.

Who doesn't want to live in cleaner environment? Fact is people make money selling these technologies, there is an incentive for them. Society applies pressure by purchase. If technology works and people like it, it will be successful.
The question isn't 'who doesn't want to live in a cleaner environment' so much as it is 'who wants to pay/lose profit in order to maintain a clean environment'. The answer isn't going to be corporations and the free market. The free market wants to bring the cheapest and easiest to sell product to market, with as little overhead as possible. Capping smoke-stacks is expensive. Storage/cleaning of toxic chemicals is more expensive than dumping it into a local river. Pumping growth hormones into animals means more turnaround of product than letting them grow naturally and faster turnaround=profit. Yes, some people make money selling tech to help clean production. They work under supply/demand as well. The issue is that in a free market, the demand comes from necessity - necessity to adhere to laws. If allowed to self-determine...the demand would drop to zero.
There is little fish, it is causing unemployment here up to 40% in some local communities. Crime is up, drugs are up, and farms are failing. The agenda is actually not about the fish, its about washing the pollution in SF bay out to sea. Nice.
Overfishing sucks, don't it. Damn free market!! How dare they destroy the fish stocks just for money??
Slavery. Society said "All men are created equal" -- over 100,000 people laid down their lives to make that statement true. Now all men are created equal.
On paper, sure...irl? hardly

Going green is what people want and will support, they do want to be forced. Its that resentment thing again.

Free market has a relationship to society, society is what governs a free market.

Precisely. Society, through their GVT makes demands on the free market. Laws are enacted to force companies to listen the the 'little guy's' concerns re: going green.

ResearchMonkey

I don't have much time today to play unfortunately. And as I said before, the government has a role or it would anarchy. I do not think they should be as invested as they are, the need to be much more humble with their actions.

The question isn't 'who doesn't want to live in a cleaner environment' so much as it is 'who wants to pay/lose profit in order to maintain a clean environment'. The answer isn't going to be corporations and the free market. The free market wants to bring the cheapest and easiest to sell product to market, with as little overhead as possible. Capping smoke-stacks is expensive. Storage/cleaning of toxic chemicals is more expensive than dumping it into a local river. Pumping growth hormones into animals means more turnaround of product than letting them grow naturally and faster turnaround=profit. Yes, some people make money selling tech to help clean production. They work under supply/demand as well. The issue is that in a free market, the demand comes from necessity - necessity to adhere to laws. If allowed to self-determine...the demand would drop to zero.
So the lumber companies didn't start reforestation programs without government intervention back ~80 years ago.... interesting.

Overfishing sucks, don't it. Damn free market!! How dare they destroy the fish stocks just for money??
Yeah, over fishing...... but do you know how many Delta Smelt it takes to make a tasty meal?

460x307smelt22.jpg

I have zero problem with fish hatchery's, I think its a fantastic way for the federal government to promote the general welfare.
(LOL - liberal nutjobs have stopped the planting of hatchery trout into local rivers. It puts too much pressure on the native trout as they compete for food)

On paper, sure...irl? hardly
Racist :kiss:

Precisely. Society, through their GVT makes demands on the free market. Laws are enacted to force companies to listen the the 'little guy's' concerns re: going green.
The federal gov't make blanket laws that should be left to the states and local community. I think stuff like cap and trade far exceed the powers enumerated for the federal gov't.

I have to get back to work, I have two projects that have become timed priorities.

chcr

Too cute for words
JoP's are not always elected. Some are appointed. Depends upon the state or local government.
I didn't know that. Irrelevant though, IMO. If he won't do his job he shouldn't have his job.
Bigots and arseholes exist. Get used to the idea. Nothing anyone does is going to change that. All you need to do is don't go to him. If enough people don't go to him, then he won't be performing civil ceremonies for long, and the problem is solved. By trying to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, you become exactly what he wants...

Fully used to it, know plenty of 'em. The point is that he refused to do his job as an official of the local government based on nothing but personal preference, a whim if you will. That should be a firing offense, if not more. As I say, his bigotry is not the issue.

MrBishop

I don't have much time today to play unfortunately. And as I said before, the government has a role or it would anarchy. I do not think they should be as invested as they are, the need to be much more humble with their actions.

So the lumber companies didn't start reforestation programs without government intervention back ~80 years ago.... interesting.

Yeah, over fishing...... but do you know how many Delta Smelt it takes to make a tasty meal?

460x307smelt22.jpg

I have zero problem with fish hatchery's, I think its a fantastic way for the federal government to promote the general welfare.
(LOL - liberal nutjobs have stopped the planting of hatchery trout into local rivers. It puts too much pressure on the native trout as they compete for food)

Racist :kiss:

The federal gov't make blanket laws that should be left to the states and local community. I think stuff like cap and trade far exceed the powers enumerated for the federal gov't.

I have to get back to work, I have two projects that have become timed priorities.

Humble perhaps..but often, big business requires a big hammer to make them pay attention.

Reforestation - plant the next harvest. Makes business sense. Also good for PR purposes.

fish-eat-fish-richard-cook-artville-com.jpg

My fishing hole is seeded with fresh trout yearly...on rotation. speckled/brown/rainbow. I have no issues with farming either...but farming isn't as much of an issues as over-fishing is...especially considering where our protein is coming from in developing and developed nations.

Cap and trade is/was/will be idiotic. Preys heavily on developing nations and shifts pollution from 1st world to third world...and precious little else.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh OK so if a restaurant said no colereds on it's door you'd be ok with people being assaulted and regular firebombings of the place and paying more taxes to cover the fact that the owner was a racist dumbass that chooses to publicly stir shit?

I don't think so....

See, you miss the point entirely. Go back & read it again (hint: YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO ANOTHERS GOODS NOR SERVICES)

See, you miss the point entirely. Go back & read it again (hint: YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO ANOTHERS GOODS NOR SERVICES)

Never said I did but I kind of feel like people who openly discriminate based on racism don't have the right to stir shit, but hey, you are the attorney and constitutional scholar (by all appearances) so I defer to your unfailing logic....

*puke3*

H2O boy

Former repressed minorities

which includes every demographic on the planet i assume you are aware. even the dreaded caucasians.

Former repressed minorities get away with swinging the pendulum further in the other direction than other groups. It's not helping find the middle at all, but it will eventually stop happening and the middle will happen.

kumbaya. some mystical day the entitlement whiners will say, 'you know, we are being asshats about this. weve exploited the system in the name of our minority far too long, at the expense of society in general. we need to stop all this, we have enough'

talk to the comment, not the poster - Leslie