Another Night At the ER......

Mare

Well, here we go again, my little is running those Damn fevers....no explaination, other than it has to be some sort of virus! It so much easier when you know it is an ear infection or throat infection, etc...atleast it can be treated. Now, its the waiting game. :crying4:
So, were doing tylenol and motrin intervals.....

sorry to hear that Mare.
look on the bright side though, at least its only viral and kids respond well to tylenol/motrin and fluids.

I hope that the little one feels better soon. Being sick is never fun. I used to get "viral infections" all the time and that is all the doctors could tell me. That is what they called it when I had Scarlets Fever. A viral infection with a scarletine rash. Ugh.

ANother reasons that doctors bug me.

Spot said:
sorry to hear that Mare.
look on the bright side though, at least its only viral and kids respond well to tylenol/motrin and fluids.

Actually, thank god today is Monday, his pediatrician is open and I need to take him....the tylenol and motrin isnt working, and he is spiking the fevers, been in the tub and compresses all night. I think im going to request the childrens hospital in St. Pete's...this has been going on WAY to long and its worrying the hell out of me! :crying4: :crying4: :crying4:

Good luck with that, Mare!

Lord knows, it ain't easy watching your kids being ill...its far worst, when you don't know what to do.

Mare said:
Well, here we go again, my little is running those Damn fevers....no explaination, other than it has to be some sort of virus! It so much easier when you know it is an ear infection or throat infection, etc...atleast it can be treated. Now, its the waiting game. :crying4:
So, were doing tylenol and motrin intervals.....

i soooo know how you feel. my husband & i just spent the ENTIRE night at the ER with my 1-yo ... xrays, steroid shots, nebulizer, you name it.

and they couldn't find anything wrong with him, even though he was coughing non-stop (hacking up his poor little lungs more like it) the entire time :crying4:

Spot said:
so howd the doctors visit go?

Took Matt to the doctors 2:15 Monday afternoon, he was Very Badly dehydrated..... :crying4: we just got out of the hospiatl last. Doc had me take him right to the hospital and they admitted him right away. They took every test possible they could, ultrasounds, bloodwork, strep cultures, mono test, etc....every was NEGATIVE-WTF, could be going on with this little guy noone knows. The fevers were spiking to 104.7 and as soon as the meds would wear off he throw up. Just say some prayers and hope for the best.

OK-here's the 411.....The doctor said Matt's spleen is enlarged alittle, and its making it hard for him to fight any kind of infection, so when he gets sick and better, he just is getting sick over again, I guess kinda like a low immune system. He took his hemoglobins and is doing some kinda test??? He said it will be back in a week??? Then we will go from there and refer him to St. Pete's Children Hospital.

Back