another post about gay marriages... but this one might make you go "hmmmm"...

Thulsa Doom said:
huh? how many times did i say i disagree with your assesment that its mostly choice? is calling that opinion dead wrong not strong enough for you?

Let's see...every time? But when Gonz made a genetic component available, you nay-sayed that, too...

TD said:
what are you babbling about here? are you talking about gay marriage or the nature of being gay? either way are you telling me you dont know where i stand on either issue? :confused: may want to reread then. Its pretty straight forward. I dont tend to pull punches.

Maybe not, but your bobbing and weaving away from actually saying whether you believe it's natural or chosen is beyond belief...

Gato_Solo said:
Let's see...every time? But when Gonz made a genetic component available, you nay-sayed that, too...

Maybe not, but your bobbing and weaving away from actually saying whether you believe it's natural or chosen is beyond belief...
No Gato, what is beyond belief is the leaps in logic you are making here. TD simply said that homosexuality should not be compared to Alzhiemers, Diabetes, or any other disease. It is not a disease. That does not mean it is not genetic, nor does it mean that it needs a cure. :rolleyes: It is you that took that statement and turned it to fit what you wanted.

PT said:
That does not mean it is not genetic, nor does it mean that it needs a cure.

It's an anomaly, a failure of some gene to properly set itself. It causes problems in personal lives & social settings. Why not fix the error? Or is it a choice?

Well, my nose is a little bigger than a normal nose. It has caused me ridicule and it makes a louder noise when I blow my nose. It's almost certainly a genetic anomoly, should I get it fixed?

PuterTutor said:
Well, my nose is a little bigger than a normal nose. It has caused me ridicule and it makes a louder noise when I blow my nose. It's almost certainly a genetic anomoly, should I get it fixed?

But, should you get to sue Kleenex because their tissues are too small?

No, but I should still be allowed to use Kleenex, even though I have a different nose, shouldn't I?

PuterTutor said:

A physical trait is not a genetic error. It's a manifestation of gene-splicing the natural way.

PuterTutor said:
No, but I should still be allowed to use Kleenex, even though I have a different nose, shouldn't I?

Last time I checked, gay people have the same rights to get married to someone of the opposite sex as straight people do. What's your point?

Professur said:
Last time I checked, gay people have the same rights to get married to someone of the opposite sex as straight people do. What's your point?
Nevermind. You obviously want to twist the issue and use a statement that you KNOW makes no difference. Just nevermind.

PuterTutor said:
Nevermind. You obviously want to twist the issue and use a statement that you KNOW makes no difference. Just nevermind.

On the contrary. I refuse to twist the issue. The issue, last time I checked, was wether gays should be allowed to marry. The answer is yes, they can. The problem stemmed from the definition of marriage. Correct? I say marriage is a joining of men and women. Gays say that's unfair. Tranny's say that they haven't made up their minds about which they want to be. I say that marriage has had a good enough definition for the last 5000+ years. If they want to make a new something with all the same qualities of marriage, they're welcome to it. What they're not welcome to is the word "Marriage". Sorry, that's already taken, and no, they can't have it.

No twisting there.

No, it is. To say that a gay man has just as much right to marry a Woman as any other man is just ridiculous. Of course they do. That isn't the issue though. If a Civil Union gave all the same rights as marriage, then I don't think gays would have a problem with it. The problem lies in the fact that they don't.

I would be if it went to everybody in that boat straight or gay. I dont think it is equal I can marry a nice girl but they cant marry their bf or gf

This is nothing but forced acceptance and validation of lifestyle that has been refuted as being unmoral and unhealthy by societal evolution, nothing more.

Until early 1970’s homosexuality was defined as a mental disorder in the DSM (diagnostic statistical manual) it is still thought to be a D.O. by many professionals that fear to say so. Under political pressures, and the fear of being labeled homophobic, the D.O (disorder) was removed from the text. The current battle is to have Gender Identity D.O.’s, removed from the DSM-V using the same homophobic labeling tactics. There is also a an attempt top change Pedophilia D.O. and the consensual age of 18, an arbitrary age, to 13 years old.

In fact homosexuals have a much higher rate if mental illness all across the board in every category. They are 3-4 times higher in phobias, depression, disassociative D.O. etc. Homosexuals are 6 times more likely to attempt suicide. And you say all this is “because of the social pressures of homophobia”. But those numbers are from a recent validated comprehensive study in the Netherlands where homosexuality marriage is legal and the homosexual stigma is not prevalent. The numbers in the US are higher. (NEMISES, NIH, Archives of General Psychiatry 2001).

They also have found that a fully 85% of new HIV cases in the Netherlands come from legally married homosexuals. Thus leading one to conclude that there is promiscuity to be had in these commitments of marriage. In the United States 60% of new male infections are homosexuals, 15% are from heterosexuals (*including some people that will not admit to homosexual relations) and 25% from IV use, some of which are also gay (CDC).

Due to the unhealthy physical attributes of homosexual behaviors, the rate of disease in homosexual men is many times higher in a plethora of conditions; HIV, HBV, HCV, HPV, rectal cancer, Chlamydia of the throat, etc. There are a number of diseases that are common among homosexuals and near non-existent in the heterosexual world as related to sexual transmission. (any number of sources)

39% of men that report to be homosexual have been victims of homosexual preditation before becoming homosexuals in a recent comprehensive study in the US. (AJPH). Trying to dispel the predatory nature of homosexuality has been one of the focuses of the homosexual lobby; time and again it is shown to be happening.

Homosexuality is naturally prevalent in animals. No it isn’t.

Animal behaviors of “homosexuality” may seem to be justification for humans the appearance of homosexuality is not is plain as you have been told.

Young critters may exhibit homosexual ‘like’ behaviors but long enduring homosexual actions do not occur in healthy subjects. Homosexuality does not occur as a part of a natural instinct. The behaviors that have been documented in healthy subjects always change to heterosexual behavior permently given time and maturity.

If the irrational actions of animals are the basis of rational human behaviors then killing your offspring is also a natural behavior. So would be eating your own kind, cannibalism. The fact is that animal instinct can be over ridden by other natural instincts or traumas.

As many of millions of dollars that have been poured into the research; there is no natural explanation for homosexuality behavior that can be validated.

Heterosexuality has been proven to be hardwired and serves a purpose in nature. It is undeniably the natural intention of biological evolution.

Thru very heavy political intervention and unethical promotion of homosexuals by other homosexuals into positions of power; the movement has become the single most powerful lobby in the world and is in engaging in social engineering on a grand scale. Forcing society to accept and validate what they do not condone. Teaching young people that anyone who opposes homosexuality is to be labeled “homophobic” and un-intelligent. (Even thought principled disagreement of homosexuality does not qualify as a fear of homosexuality)

The social engineering that is taking place in this world is an attempt to normalize a deviant behavior that has been refuted as natural consequence of social evolution.

Never has there been such a campaign to force the acceptance of what people do not want to accept and any opposition is crushed by the movement.
This is a case where science is giving way to political correctness. In the long run science will prevail.

I have been threatend with opposing facts, I have yet to see any.

ResearchMonkey said:

Gay’s can have every right a married couple can have it is called a civil union, what they wants is not the rights, it is the title.

oh wow yer really setting me up here aren’t you. the fact of the matter is they CANT have every single right a married couple can have in this country with a civil union. That’s really the most important issue. Some states and some localities refuse to even recognize a gay civil union. And transfer of estate is a serious problem for civliy unioned homosexuals. Not to mention what happens when theres a divorce or when they move to another state whose rules are just different and limit what they can do. No way. It need to be across the board equal. Right now its not even close. So are you prepared to go pickit with me in support of equal rights for gays Research? Sounds like it.

The gay people do not meet the long standing socially evolved definition of marriage. They want to forcefully re-write the definition to include them. They want the validation that the word gives.

they want no validation. They certainly don’t want any from double talking short sighted gay hating conservatives who would just assume see them all get on a boat and drown in the ocean some where. They simply want to be legally bound to the person they love just like YOU can. They want equality. Is it such a horrible thing to want equality now?

The majority feel that homosexuality is deviant and dirty.
ah! Now your reasoning jumps out. Because the majority thinks gays are icky then we can limit their freedoms. Yep makes sense. Mob rule is great isn’t it? The majority felt that it was ok to keep slaves 150 years ago. Same situation. A certain set of people had their freedoms limited in direct opposition to the constitution. How come this same argument has now been applied to homosexuals?

Nobody can use the anus as a sexual organ, because there is not sexual organ called and anus.

well I can give you a list of full blooded females who sure seem to think its quite a stimulating sexual organ. Whats wrong with them exactly?

For the record anal sex was illegal for quite sometime in most places.

AND its since been reversed in most places as we finally came around to the fact that it was a silly thing to try to police. In time the same kind of consciousness awakening will occur with the concept of gay marriage. And thank god for that.

Again thoo you argumnet is misguaided and dry. You are looking at the wold thru pixie-straws and fail to see anything other than the confusion you so un-eliquenty spew.

try actually saying something worthwhile instead of continually ignoring what I say and making hollow attacks without substance. It’s the sign of a defeated person. ;)

After reading this thread I have become far more aware of the need for the federal Gov’t to make a constitutional amendment to protect the liberties on values of the American people. As before I was unsure and uncomfortable with it, I have decided I fully support it.

harrah! I love it when I make the intolerant show their true stripes. Well support away my dear friend but realize you relegate yourself to bitter disappointment as there isn’t even close to being enough votes for such a spurious and unjust action which wouldn’t hold up in the long run anyway. You and your type have two choices: open your eyes and your hearts to the injustice you are promoting with your bias and your disgust of gays and allow them to have the same freedoms that you and I have OR die by the side of the road and watch as this society moves further and further away from you on this issue and in time is shocked to even contemplate that the majority of American citizens had no problem actually proactively seeking to discriminate against another group simply based on the fact that they feel that group is disgusting. Now knowing your age and your point of view and your unwillingness to grow and learn and accept any form of social change whatsoever im pretty sure we both know which choice youll make (oops! I said choice! :D). So enjoy the parade as it passes you by and leaves you amid the dinosaur bones on the side of the road.

What must be especially disappointing to you is that even your own children will grow up in a world where marriage between homosexuals is common place and they probably wont think too much about it. Just like the children of arch segregationists grew up to live in a mixed community and share schools and lunch counters and water fountains with their black peers and never think it strange at all. Thankfully, generational bigotry only lasts so long because human life only lasts so long.

Thulsa your have repeatedly shown your ability to label and belittle the presenter, you however, have not been able to dispel the opposing points brought forth. Is your argument so weak that there is real point to it all? If there is clearly state and qualify it.

Thulsa Doom said:
oh wow yer really setting me up here aren’t you. the fact of the matter is they CANT have every single right a married couple can have in this country with a civil union. That’s really the most important issue. Some states and some localities refuse to even recognize a gay civil union. And transfer of estate is a serious problem for civliy unioned homosexuals. Not to mention what happens when theres a divorce or when they move to another state whose rules are just different and limit what they can do. No way. It need to be across the board equal. Right now its not even close. So are you prepared to go pickit with me in support of equal rights for gays Research? Sounds like it.

What you are failing to realize is that if civil unions are recognized in one state the the union will be recognized in all states. Which is why there is such a fuss about a single state allowing the homosexual marriages? You can’t see past your enlightened nose.

An amendment will make no need for picketing now won’t it? This is an election year; let’s see how the votes change once the election has passed. Even the democrats have support for the Amendment.

Thulsa Doom said:
they want no validation. They certainly don’t want any from double talking short sighted gay hating conservatives who would just assume see them all get on a boat and drown in the ocean some where. They simply want to be legally bound to the person they love just like YOU can. They want equality. Is it such a horrible thing to want equality now?

Your funny, I have a principled opposing view and you’re labeling me and saying I wish all homosexuals dead, you couldn’t be more wrong. It does show the narrowness of your tolerance, you are full of hate and disdain of anyone that challenges your enlightened wisdom.

A civil union is a legal binding, just as is marriage.

Thulsa Doom said:
ah! Now your reasoning jumps out. Because the majority thinks gays are icky then we can limit their freedoms. Yep makes sense. Mob rule is great isn’t it? The majority felt that it was ok to keep slaves 150 years ago. Same situation. A certain set of people had their freedoms limited in direct opposition to the constitution. How come this same argument has now been applied to homosexuals?

Yes I have every right to decide what I find to be moral; society has the right to label something as immoral an unlawful. The homosexual have not right to make me comply with their agenda or be labeled as a homophobe, I have a valid difference of principled opinion and should not be persecuted because I do.

Enslavement of a people as property in no way is comparable to a social behavior, homosexuals are free people.

Thulsa Doom said:
well I can give you a list of full blooded females who sure seem to think its quite a stimulating sexual organ. Whats wrong with them exactly?

It’s called experimentation and stimulation, the majority of men and women do not participate in anal penetration.

Thulsa Doom said:
AND its since been reversed in most places as we finally came around to the fact that it was a silly thing to try to police. In time the same kind of consciousness awakening will occur with the concept of gay marriage. And thank god for that.

Bestiality is still illegal and it to be unenforceable.

Thulsa Doom said:
try actually saying something worthwhile instead of continually ignoring what I say and making hollow attacks without substance. It’s the sign of a defeated person.

I have addressed most of your issues; you keep running from one point to another once you get slapped down and cornered by someone.

You have stated that I want to kill all homosexuals. I have been labeled an extremist, ignorant, a right wing religious nut job, a bigot and homophobic all by you. You rely on belittlement as your main defense; your skills are few in the art of confrontational communication.

If I was to label you it would simply say you’re brainwashed, as you’re unable to address anything other then what you have been programmed to regurgitate.

Thulsa Doom said:
harrah! I love it when I make the intolerant show their true stripes. Well support away my dear friend but realize you relegate yourself to bitter disappointment as there isn’t even close to being enough votes for such a spurious and unjust action which wouldn’t hold up in the long run anyway. You and your type have two choices: open your eyes and your hearts to the injustice you are promoting with your bias and your disgust of gays and allow them to have the same freedoms that you and I have OR die by the side of the road and watch as this society moves further and further away from you on this issue and in time is shocked to even contemplate that the majority of American citizens had no problem actually proactively seeking to discriminate against another group simply based on the fact that they feel that group is disgusting. Now knowing your age and your point of view and your unwillingness to grow and learn and accept any form of social change whatsoever im pretty sure we both know which choice youll make (oops! I said choice! ). So enjoy the parade as it passes you by and leaves you amid the dinosaur bones on the side of the road.

The majority of Americans do have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle, they have conditioned to not speak their true feeling, and they speak what is politically correct. Every one that opposes homosexuality is chastised and called intolerant and homophobic, and human nature people do not like to be cast in negative light (which is what this really about isn’t it?)

Thulsa Doom said:
What must be especially disappointing to you is that even your own children will grow up in a world where marriage between homosexuals is common place and they probably won’t think too much about it. Just like the children of arch segregationists grew up to live in a mixed community and share schools and lunch counters and water fountains with their black peers and never think it strange at all. Thankfully, generational bigotry only lasts so long because human life only lasts so long.

What must really disappointing to you is that I was raised by a ‘woman of color’ from the age of 4-17, she lived with us. Her son ‘Rico’ was my best friend and we even used to bathe together as young children (oops!, homosexual behaviors). The day-care we chose to place the well-being of our children in has mostly black women as staff. Our 18-month old child accepts Mrs. Velma, a woman of color, as a third parent and does not have the same response to any of the other caregivers of any color.

So again, call Mrs. Cleo and ask for you money back.

You have yet to bring something of substance; calling me names and labeling me in lieu of having a point is weak. You continue to make assertions with nothing to back it up, exactly.

Bring it on!

RM said:
What must really disappointing to you is that I was raised by a ‘woman of color’ from the age of 4-17, she lived with us. Her son ‘Rico’ was my best friend and we even used to bathe together as young children (oops!, homosexual behaviors). The day-care we chose to place the well-being of our children in has mostly black women as staff. Our 18-month old child accepts Mrs. Velma, a woman of color, as a third parent and does not have the same response to any of the other caregivers of any color.

So again, call Mrs. Cleo and ask for you money back.
How incredibly tolerant of you. :rolleyes:

ResearchMonkey said:
I have been threatend with opposing facts, I have yet to see any.

But where do your facts come from? You state them as truth, and while I don't necessarily disagree, I also don't necessarily agree. What's your source of information for the statistics and facts you provide?

freako104 said:
I would be if it went to everybody in that boat straight or gay. I dont think it is equal I can marry a nice girl but they cant marry their bf or gf

Wanna know the reason why they haven't done it? Because what's to stop every asshole and his roommate from declaring themselves common law and reaping the benefits? Nada.

Back