Another sucky day other than valentine's day

Let's just agree that both Columbus and her history teacher suck and move right along. :)

He didn't set sail to enslave the natives. He set sail to find a shorter route to the spice islands. The enslaving part was part of the "White Man's Burden" that Catholic Europeans seemed to feel during that time of history.

Inkara1 said:
Let's just agree that both Columbus and her history teacher suck and move right along. :)

He didn't set sail to enslave the natives. He set sail to find a shorter route to the spice islands. The enslaving part was part of the "White Man's Burden" that Catholic Europeans seemed to feel during that time of history.

Oh yeah, I know this, but we have so many people that think that he discovered America. My hitory teacher hates columbus to. I know that he did not set sail to enslave indiuans X.x that's not what I'm saying. All I am saying is that there should be no day for him ^^;

Kittie said:
Oh yeah, I know this, but we have so many people that think that he discovered America. My hitory teacher hates columbus to. I know that he did not set sail to enslave indiuans X.x that's not what I'm saying. All I am saying is that there should be no day for him ^^;

You're right. We should have Lief Ericson day. Why....these guys didn't need a land bridge, They sailed into the unknown to give you a place to live besides Brussels.

Squiggy said:
I'm thinking there ought to be a PT day just to thank him for Steak & a Blowjob day... :tardbang:
that's a special day? i always called that friday.....huh.....

I call those 'weekdays' ...and sometimes 'everydays'. The weekends are shrimp and a blowjob days. I hear that the coffee and a blowjob breakfasts are coming up strong again... erm... I mean, making headway... umm... getting popular.

Kittie said:

Then you should seriously consider having your history teacher fired. It's not their place to pass judgement in class. Just to teach the facts.

You might want to have your english teacher fired too.

Americans might like to think that Columbus's big contribution to the world was discovering America. But that's not what the rest of the world thinks. It was showing that the world wasn't flat. At least to the common man. The church and educated men knew that centuries before, but kept it quiet so as not to contradict the Bible.

Squiggy said:
I'm thinking there ought to be a PT day just to thank him for Steak & a Blowjob day... :tardbang:

doesnt Steak and bj day count as PTs day?

and the thing is the Indians welcomed him but he slaughtered them.

Professur said:
Then you should seriously consider having your history teacher fired. It's not their place to pass judgement in class. Just to teach the facts.

You might want to have your english teacher fired too.

Americans might like to think that Columbus's big contribution to the world was discovering America. But that's not what the rest of the world thinks. It was showing that the world wasn't flat. At least to the common man. The church and educated men knew that centuries before, but kept it quiet so as not to contradict the Bible.

*glares* I realize that the spelling and grammar sucked due to the fact that I was at work... and typing realllllllll fast.... but I am an English major *growls softly*

So's he. :wstupid:

You should both sit down some time and discuss it. Maybe you can figure out between you why americans insist that their english is somehow the correct version, and that every other english speaking nation in the world is putting in extra vowels.

i am so confused about the english language...my mother is from new zealand and very steadfast about "the queen's english", yet i had most of my schooling in the american school system....i quite remember losing points on a paper for the word "tomatoe".....:rolleyes:

Back