Another sucky day other than valentine's day

Hell, I was born and raised in England.........and I still can't get to grips with the lingo :lloyd:

tonks said:
i am so confused about the english language...my mother is from new zealand and very steadfast about "the queen's english", yet i had most of my schooling in the american school system....i quite remember losing points on a paper for the word "tomatoe".....:rolleyes:

You and Dan Quayle.

Professur said:

No, I'm a journalism major. At least there's a real-world application for the skills taught in my major other than "teacher."

As for the "extra vowels" thing, I just classify that as a difference in dialects and thus say nothing about it when a Canadian or a Brit adds a "u." It could even be seen as a pronunciation aid, to make it obvious that the word should be "cull-err" instead of "cull-oar." What I usually poke fun at is a lack of understanding of the basics common to all English. For example, "every day" is correct in such instances as, "I shower every day," while "everyday" is correct in such instances as, "the Prius is my everyday transportation, while I save the Hemi 'Cuda for special occasions."

tank ya Ma'am (when just plain TY would do) - maters (tomato's) planks (chicken tenders) - taters (potato's) - hero (sub or gyro), up north a hero is a person or hoagie....

Don't feel bad all-move to FL.... :lol2:
Have to take a cram course in southern speaking....

No, he lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm not sure which is worse, though. ;) (This from someone who's never been to anywhere near Indiana.)

I got a mail today from a prospective "friend" saying "Your such a cutie.".

hmmmm...

Back