another thing to buy

Dave

i was sitting out on the patio, reading a magazine and watching the dog run around. i went inside to check on ogame and when i came back out, the glass patio table had overturned and there were shards everywhere. never heard it fall over. the umbrella was open. must not have been in the base firmly and a gust of wind caught it. odd thing is, there was hardly a breeze out there the entire time i was outside.
if i was sitting outside, the table would have missed me, but i probably would have got hit by the umbrella.
*adds new patio table to list of things to buy*

Was it a metal table with a glass top? Did the top shatter into little pieces that looked like itty bitty pieces of ice? My mom's like that broke and to replace it at regular price woulda been like $80 but the whole set with 4 chairs and cushions and umbrella was only like $120 or less. She eventually got a replacement on sale for $17 and then like 4 months later we won a wonder concrete table which has now made the glass table of no use. I'd sell it to ya for $17 but shipping would kill you :p

lol
it was metal with glass top and yes, it shattered into a gajillion itty bitty pieces.

Dave said:
lol
it was metal with glass top and yes, it shattered into a gajillion itty bitty pieces.

Same thing, I feel sorry for ya cause that's one hell of a mess :D

Our solid concrete table has never blown over and if it blows enough to make it blow over then the table is the LEAST of our worries :D

what made it even more fun was that it fell in the direction of the lawn. spent a good half hour picking up individual pieces of glass on the lawn.

*ponders getting a concrete table*

Dave said:
what made it even more fun was that it fell in the direction of the lawn. spent a good half hour picking up individual pieces of glass on the lawn.

*ponders getting a concrete table*

Dude, don't you have a shop vac??

Our table is valued at $500 :eek5:

Dave said:
no, i dont. never had a reason to buy one.

$500...yikes

Shop vacs are wonderful things. Once you have one you find all kinds of uses for it.

Yes, $500...hence why my winning it was a necessary part of us owning it.

Nixy said:
Was it a metal table with a glass top? Did the top shatter into little pieces that looked like itty bitty pieces of ice? My mom's like that broke and to replace it at regular price woulda been like $80 but the whole set with 4 chairs and cushions and umbrella was only like $120 or less. She eventually got a replacement on sale for $17 and then like 4 months later we won a wonder concrete table which has now made the glass table of no use. I'd sell it to ya for $17 but shipping would kill you :p
bring it up I'll give ya 20 :lloyd:

I'm wondering about glass table + Avery.

If both Dave and your mom had them break, I'd be doomed from the start. :eek:

Leslie said:
I'm wondering about glass table + Avery.

If both Dave and your mom had them break, I'd be doomed from the start. :eek:

Wind was the culpret in both cases...but yeah, knocking it over results in the textured glass shattering into itty bitty pieces...

Back