Any Good DIYers Out There?

Aunty Em

I am well pissed off! :(

I have been waiting in all morning for a new three seater futon to arrive for my living room, only to find now it has arrived that I have to spend the next two hours or so building the damn thing. They didn't tell me that when I ordered and paid for it! GRRRRRR! :mad2:

Anyone good at DIY out there?

I've been trapped into it marrying a roadie :(
But I learned a lot, can do just about anything now :D :headbang:

LastLegionary said:
What is DIY?

Do It Yourself - home decorating, etc.

Are there instructions?

Yes I just need to decipher them first -

Attachment(s):

futon.gif, 261.26kb

246_1036419599.gif

That's just the first page - there are 4 all together. :eek:

Maybe I should revise my time estimate?

I'd better go and get on with it or I'll still be here next week. :(

Ok, line it all up, figure out which part is which before you start...

go step by step after that, once it starts taking shape it'll make way more sense.

Leslie said:
Ok, line it all up, figure out which part is which before you start...

go step by step after that, once it starts taking shape it'll make way more sense.

Yeah, after the initial shock I've calmed down now. It's just that I have so much work I should be doing on the computer and now I have to stop to do this or I'll sitting on the floor for the next few days as I had to get rid of my chairs to make way for the futon.

Anyway toodle-loo for now - maybe I'll post a pic when it's finished. :D

'Ka, it's teabreak.

I'm about halfway through - all the main frames are built and I just have to go get someone to help me match up the top frames to the base - then it's just the homerun with fitting all the slats.

Phew, I'm out of practice lugging these heavy bits of wood about.

Sounds like we're under attack outside as well, someones letting off firework bangers - it's Guy Fawkes tomorrow night over here.

Damn, the least they could do was illustrate the process

There were line drawings of the parts.

But both my drill's have run out of power so I won't be able to finish the slats till tomorrow 'cos they take 5 hours to charge and I don't think the neighbours will be too pleased if I start drilling at 11 o'clock at night. :(

I thought it was pine but the wood seems much harder than that and it comes from south africa so I'm not sure. Or maybe it's just that the self-tapping screws are naff 'cos it's really tough to get through.

*hates it when drills run out of power*

*is happy her cordless has a spare battery*

good luck aunty Em!

Lets hear for the girls - see we're just as good at DIY as you guys.:D :headbang:

Now to tackle the mess.........

Attachment(s):

omg.jpg, 23.50kb

246_1036488982.jpg

nearlythere.jpg, 23.33kb

246_1036488955.jpg

success.jpg, 22.24kb

246_1036488925.jpg

Back