Anybody have an iPhone on T-Mobile?

StuTheWise

Just curious because I'm planning on picking up an iPhone 3G today. How does your internet access work? Do I just need to call T-Mobile and have them turn on some data plan?

Thanks for any insight!

kuulani

My iPhone is with ATT, but my sisterʻs iPhone is with T-Mobile and it seems to work just like mine - Iʻm not sure how she set it up though. It was at a time that iPhone discouraged other carriers.

StuTheWise

Thanks for the reply! I was able to find someone who is iPhoning with T-Mobile. I can't activate the data plan online because T-Mobile thinks I have a Blackberry, and their data plans are different. So I have to call them and tell them to change it.

chcr

Too cute for words
Hey Stu! Sorry, I have a Blackberry rather than an iPhone and even it's not 3G, but internet access seems fine with AT&T anyway. Yes, it was just a matter of having it turned on with my carrier (and of course that pesky extra money they expect me to pay :D ). I have unlimited data at thirty bucks a month. :shrug:

IDLEchild

Just curious because I'm planning on picking up an iPhone 3G today. How does your internet access work? Do I just need to call T-Mobile and have them turn on some data plan?

Thanks for any insight!

As far as I know the 3g iphone hasn't been jailbroken yet so it couldn't work with T-mobile. Also because, unlike the previous version, the 3g iphone needs to be activated at a store or online before you can even touch it and mess around with it.

Unless you know someone who works at an AT&T store and can help you out.