anyone do marathons?

nalani

Oh no, I'm not asking because I'm going enter one or anything :D

*composes myself after laughing so hard*

Our school is doing a Walk/Run with the community and I was wondering about the numbers that participants wear pined to their shirts on the front and back .. does anyone know if that's a special kind of paper? How is it fastened? I don't wanna make it on regular paper and look like an idiot when it tears apart :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Can't help ya there. I occasionally "jump" in the car and "run" into town for a beer, but they don't make you wear numbers for that. :D

Seriously though, the only competition I was ever in where I wore pinned on numbers they were on our chest and back and made of nylon or some such material, not paper at all.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Marathon eating
Maraton drinking
hell, even Marathon sex a couple of times

Marathon running? :roflmaopmp: *hack, cough, wheeze*

Maybe they use kindergarten grade construction paper :shrug:

tonksy

i used to have to run in the navy and we did do some marathons on base. the paper was reminisant of the little bibs at the dentist. remember those?

nowadays i only run if something is chasing me and to tell you the truth, i am more likely to turn and fight what's coming.

nalani

tonksy said:
i used to have to run in the navy and we did do some marathons on base. the paper was reminisant of the little bibs at the dentist. remember those?

nowadays i only run if something is chasing me and to tell you the truth, i am more likely to turn and fight what's coming.

*shudders at the sound of the "D" word, throwing up a little in my mouth*

Hmmmm... thanks for the heads up on the paper - sounds like it could get expensive ... I think I'll suggest getting some electrical tape and drawing the numbers on their shirts with the tape LMAO

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Marathon movie watching, these days.
In fact, marathon dentist visits to which my mouth is still in pain from right now.
But marathon running? I wish I could run to the corner of my block. What does that tell me? I need to do more marathon movie watching :D

SOrry, Na, as for the topic at hand, I can't help :)