Anyone else got tinnitus?

Yep. I get a high pitched tone in my left ear all the time. Sometimes it stays longer than other times and sometimes it's so load that I go deaf in that ear. It doesn't help that I'm a disabled Vet with a hearing disability as well. Whatever the hell caused it, I have no idea. I just wish it would go away.

Kawaii said:
Well, i've got it. Really tormenting when there's no other sound. Like now.
*puts on some music*
Ah, that's better.
So how about you guys and gals? Any tinnitus for you?
Yep, I got it real bad. That's why when I'm up, I'm almost always next to my computer which constantly makes noise, or if I'm in my bedroom, the fan is on. White noise cures it the best.

I also hear the high pitched frequencies that TV's and monitors make. Also, I'll go mad by a microwave if that's the only sound going on.

A little trick that works for me.

I keep a fan in my office and one in the house.

When Im out or in the car I dont notice it.

When I get home I hit the fans.

When I get to work I hit the fan.

If all else fails, I keep a PDA with a built in MP3 with me all the time.

If someone else is ther talking to me, I dont really hear it.

So basically, I never have to worry about it.

I get so pissed when I go to a hotel and forget to brink my fan with me, I cant sleep I just lay there looking at the celing (little flashy lights every where till Ive been in the dark a while) and listen to the ringing in my ears while I look at the flashy little lights.

Its like a permanent LSD trip some times.

You get the ghost images in your eyes too? I thought that was just me. My eyes suck. They've got those, and floaties...

paul_valaru said:
I hate it!!!

It took them forever to figure it out, why I needed music, some kin of sound so I could concentrate on my school work

and mine isn't that bad

Since when do you have it and how come I was never aware of it.

fury said:
You get the ghost images in your eyes too? I thought that was just me. My eyes suck. They've got those, and floaties...
Me too. Sometimes i see illusions. And i don't do drugs... Go figure. :shrug:

Okay...

is there anyone here without tinnitus?

I'm starting to feel a left out here... wow... that must be a higher than average percentage surely... wonder if computer use is related!

Erm.....not I.......mine sounds like that high pitched whistle TV's an monitors make while they are turned on. Only really noticeable when it's dead quiet though and even then it's not hugely bad.

Raven said:
Erm.....not I.......mine sounds like that high pitched whistle TV's an monitors make while they are turned on. Only really noticeable when it's dead quiet though and even then it's not hugely bad.

So almost everyone has tinnitus... seriously... I'm feeling very very left out here! :mope:

ClaireBear said:
Okay...

is there anyone here without tinnitus?

I'm starting to feel a left out here... wow... that must be a higher than average percentage surely... wonder if computer use is related!

I don't, bunch of weirdos
:D

Occasionally I see dead people though, or is that welsh people. All look the same to me.

*wonders if this is why*
jamcover.jpg

Gonz said:
*wonders if this is why*
Heh.....maybe.....insisiting on being 20 feet away from the amps at gigs may be having slightly adverse side effects on my hearing :lol2:

I have it but anyone that would be bothered by it is a bit touched.
How could you not get used to something after 30+ years?

Yep them top fuel races firearms and explosives without hearing protection the unmuffled motorcycles and Rock concerts will git cha every time.

Funny it wasn't until I was 21 and went for a Airman's medical exam that I found out that I was 30 dB down above 6 KHz or some such sh*t
(high frequency hearing loss due to excessive and prolonged exposure to excessive sound pressure levels) then I knew I had wrecked my hearing.

Even now, the wife will say "can't you hear that" and then of course she's all like "no, of course not cuz yer Deef"!!!

I told her years ago "I'm not getting a hearing aid til I'm 50"
Damn that's five years from now, can I change that to 60?!? eh?

Winky said:
I have it but anyone that would be bothered by it is a bit touched.
How could you not get used to something after 30+ years?
Do you remember the Charlie Brown bit where (I think) Lucy was going on about being "aware of her tongue"? It's like that. I'm good with the constant shhhhhhhhh till I become aware of it, then I get twitchy till I finally am able to distract myself from it again.

But then again I have the tongue issue too :nuts2:

Hey Gonz... funny your magazine cover says "volume 5" on it... if 5 is what you'd kept the volume at you wouldn't be having these problems with tinnitus, now would you.

Back