Anyone else use Outlook Express to check their Hotmail?

flavio

Banned
I use Outlook Express to check my Hotmail account, but it looks like there is no check box for "Leave a copy on the server" to uncheck.

Therefore I still have to login to the web interface to clean out my inbox and delete messages. I find this tedious.

Any ideas?

:D

as far as i know, getting hotmail thru outlook is like a "special tweak" the guys made, it doesn't access a pop3 server, instead it just calls several http pages.

Did you try looking for that option in the hotmail account (webpage) ??

Sorry man, I only have hotmail so I can have an MSN messenger account. I haven't checked it in a while.

Ever since Yahoo decided to charge people for POP3 access, I only use Outlook for my website email.

Every time I tried to set up a hotmail acct, it would work for one day, then puke. Happened 3 times...so I gave up:grumpy:

Guess I'm not any help either :D ...sorry flav.

ok flav, you're 4 for 4 on the smartass answers. See #1 response & let it go :D

flavio said:
I use Outlook Express to check my Hotmail account, but it looks like there is no check box for "Leave a copy on the server" to uncheck.

Therefore I still have to login to the web interface to clean out my inbox and delete messages. I find this tedious.

Any ideas?

Hmm... I use OE to check my Hotmail and never use the web interface unless I'm abroad/elsewhere. Been this way for years with no real problems.

Maybe delete the account and set it all up again - you should be able to delete, move messages around etc no probs from within OE.

Re: Re: Anyone else use Outlook Express to check their Hotmail?

ipmoof said:
flavio said:

Any ideas?

Hmm... I use OE to check my Hotmail and never use the web interface unless I'm abroad/elsewhere. Been this way for years with no real problems.

Maybe delete the account and set it all up again - you should be able to delete, move messages around etc no probs from within OE.

Really? Somethings not set quite right then.

If I delete messages in OE their still there if I go in the web interface. The weird thing is that if I delete them in the web interface it automatically deletes them from OE.

If you click on the root of the Hotmail Account in OE (i.e. the word "Hotmail"), have you got "All Messages" checked under the "Settings" tab?

Sorry man, I only have hotmail so I can have an MSN messenger account.

err...you don't have to have a hotmail address for that....i'm using the email addy from my own isp. just fill that in when applying for a passport...and you're fine :)

one of the reasons i did that was cause of all the spam with hotmail....and it doesn't use POP

ipmoof said:
If you click on the root of the Hotmail Account in OE (i.e. the word "Hotmail"), have you got "All Messages" checked under the "Settings" tab?

Yeah, that is checked.

I just linked to my hotmail account with OE.

I can delete mail on the server by right clicking on the message in the right-hand pane of OE and moving it to Deleted Items Folder. I then right click on the Deleted Items Folder in the left-hand pane and click on "Empty 'Deleted Items' Folder" ~ this seems to empty both my folder in OE and the folder on the server.

There is also a "Synchronise" selection in the same menu where you have three choices to pick from.

Let me know if it works for you. :)

Well, it started working now. I have no idea why because as far as I know nothing has changed.

But I suppose I should be happy.

Back