Anyone ever tried this?

rrfield

Johnny Cougs is a short, ugly, bitter man with a tall, hot wife. And he doesn't live in a little pink house either. It's a big beige house with a big fence around it. And don't try to climb the fence at 4am while drunk becuase someone will stop you. It's not elecric though, so you are safe there.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
Between myself, my parents, and an ex-fiance I have proudly been affiliated with a total of seven Mercury Cougars.

1967: mine
1968: ex's (I helped her buy it)
1969: parents
1972: parents
1978: parents
1987: parents
1994: mine

The '67 was a monster. I bought it when I was 11, between my dad, some of his friends, and myself we had that thing looking and running right by the time I turned 16. We shaved the fenders inside so a 351 Cleveland would barely fit. The motor was built by a guy who once built those same engines for a NASCAR team...you do the math from there! :swing:

Gawd I miss that thing...

Didn't the 'Eliminator' come with the 428 Cobra Jet?

The 351 Windsor would've been my choice...;)

Inkara1

The Cleveland is a hotter motor as long as you realize the oiling system has its priorities backwards and plan accordingly.

Gato_Solo

Inkara1 said:
The Cleveland is a hotter motor as long as you realize the oiling system has its priorities backwards and plan accordingly.

Durability ranks higher with me than strictly output. Besides...isn't the 351W the one used in the later model (1975 and up) Panteras?

Inkara1

Probably; the Cleveland wasn't around around for all that long, really, while the Windsor stuck around until 1997 or so.

Gato_Solo

Inkara1 said:
Probably; the Cleveland wasn't around around for all that long, really, while the Windsor stuck around until 1997 or so.

That long? I thought the Triton came out a few years before that...

The Windsor engine is a 90-degree small-block V8 from Ford Motor Company. It was introduced in 1962, replacing the old Ford Y-block engine. Though not all of the engines in this family were produced at the Windsor, Ontario engine plant, the name stuck. It was replaced in 1995 with Ford's new 4.6 L modular V8 engine.

*snip*

The 351 Windsor featured an even longer stroke thanks to a taller deck. It produced 250 hp (186 kW) with a 2-barrel carb or 290 hp (216 kW) with a 4-barrel. There were many other changes to this engine, including the intake, heads, rods, and firing order. Though the engine family is the same as the 289 and 302, and employs the same bell housing and head interchange as well as a few other small parts, the block itself is different. The block is taller and wider than other windsor small blocks, with larger main caps and thicker connecting rods. Also the distributor is slightly different to accommodate a larger oil pump shaft and larger oil pump.

The 351W was introduced for the 1969 year model rated at 250 hp (186 kW) with 2 barrel carb or 290 hp (216 kW) with a 4 barrel. Though the 351 Cleveland was given higher power ratings, the 351W can be easily modified to run the same level of performance. The 351W was produced from 1969 to 1996. It was installed in everything from Mustangs to the fullsize cars, and all the way up to the F350. It has been one of Ford's most successful motors.

I stand corrected, Inky...