Anyone got any good quiz questions?

fi

I'm running a table quiz on Sat night :rolleyes: , not by choice I might add, and I'm trying to do up some questions.

Need some good, topical, internationally-answerable, and verifiable brainteasers. (no other types of teasers, please ;) )

so if anyone has any suggestions....

sorry about this boring post! :nerd:

Jeslek

Banned
Whats the capital of Switzerland? (Bern, if you said Zurich you're out!)

Who won the winter olympic gold medal for men's or women's hockey last time? (Canada)

Jeslek

Banned
What is the customary way to present a business card in Japan? (Use both hands & position the card so that the recipient can read it.)

In Germany, red roses signify romantic interests and carnations signify..? (death)

When giving gifts in Brazil and Mexico, you should avoid this color because it symbolizes death. (purple)

When entertaining in an Australian pub, it is vital to remember that...? (each person pays for a round of drinks)

fi

What is the name of the warm ocean current passing by Ireland?

How many terminals in Heathrow Airport?

What does Tempus Fugit mean?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everybody uses everyday. If you have listened carefully , I've already told you what it is.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
fury said:
Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everybody uses everyday. If you have listened carefully , I've already told you what it is.

laungry? :D

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
rofl, "what". Now drop the question mark from the sentence ok?

There are two words that end with "gry".
Angry is one and hungry is another.
What is the third word.
Everyone uses it every day and
Everyone knows what it means.
If you have been listening,
I have already told you what the word is.

This plagued AOL in 1995, and about two years later Usenet... you been playing somewhere? :p

fi

ris said:
LastLegionary said:
When entertaining in an Australian pub, it is vital to remember that...? (each person pays for a round of drinks)

we do that here too :)

And us! In Greece everyone nurses the one drink all night though so it's a bit different, but easier on the wallet!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
LastLegionary said:
fury said:

What is the third word.

This plagued AOL in 1995, and about two years later Usenet... you been playing somewhere? :p
Incorrect. :headbang:

ipmoof

"gry" is a word. It means small/insignificant.

There more words ending with "gry", though. "puggry" is a word, I think. Definitely more than three examples in the Englsh language anyway...

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
LastLegionary said:
fury said:

What is the third word.

Incorrect. :headbang:
No it is not.

What is the third word.

Oh and gry isn't a word... It isn't in either Webster's or Oxford's dictionary.