Anyone watch "Top Gear"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky

They said (and/or implied) that southerners are stupid, then they painted inflammatory slogans on their cars and were surprised that they were going to get their asses kicked. Oh, the irony - it burns.

If one doesn't wish to be mauled, one should refrain from yanking the tiger's tail. :rolleyes:

BB

i posted a link to that yesterday in the little house on the priaire thing ...

i missed it on the BBC the other night - :D

Anyone see the clip of Richard Hammond's crash?

300mph and he makes a full recovery (virtually)

Fuck, i'm still amazed he made the recovery he has :)

i know a fair few people have worked on / cut the programme, myself - it's a good laugh.

BB

They said (and/or implied) that southerners are stupid, then they painted inflammatory slogans on their cars and were surprised that they were going to get their asses kicked. Oh, the irony - it burns.

If one doesn't wish to be mauled, one should refrain from yanking the tiger's tail. :rolleyes:

it was a dare!

The only thing implied was 'what would rile the locals wherever we are' - didn't someone on here dare someone else to drive through the south in a big pink car with 'nascar sucks' or whatever in some thread here??? (vaguely recall that ...)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not hated.

I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not stereotyped.

I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not the object of ridicule.

This is discriminatory at best, hate at worst. Make a movie about going into Harlem with "Free fried chicken and watermelon" on your car. No wait, that's discrimination. OK, make one about going into California with "Green cards 2 for $20". Or in San Fran with "AIDS: The Killer Cure". Never happen.

Southerners are the only group of people it is acceptable to ridicule, and there is no shortage of hypocrites willing to do it.

I think it would have been sad if these guys were killed by the bunch of rednecks.

Bigot. Racist. Hypocrite. Kiss my ass.

Do me a favor. Each and every person on this board who agrees with this line of "thought", please say so below so I can know who my enemies are. I bet I can name 5 who agree with it off the top of my head.

And y'all wonder why we wanted, and still want, the hell away from you.

Dave

and if nobody steps up and admits to agreeing with it, will that finally show you that nobody here hates the south or will you rationalize it as nobody has the balls to say anything and there are a bunch of closet haters here?

K62

I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not hated.

I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not stereotyped.

I want to hear some more about how Southerners are not the object of ridicule.

This is discriminatory at best, hate at worst. Make a movie about going into Harlem with "Free fried chicken and watermelon" on your car. No wait, that's discrimination. OK, make one about going into California with "Green cards 2 for $20". Or in San Fran with "AIDS: The Killer Cure". Never happen.

Southerners are the only group of people it is acceptable to ridicule, and there is no shortage of hypocrites willing to do it.

Bigot. Racist. Hypocrite. Kiss my ass.

Do me a favor. Each and every person on this board who agrees with this line of "thought", please say so below so I can know who my enemies are. I bet I can name 5 who agree with it off the top of my head.

And y'all wonder why we wanted, and still want, the hell away from you.

Wow, somehow I imagine you're not too fond of the "Ali-G" show, or the Borat movies either? :D

K62

I got some negative karma for that one! Apparently I am a racist. Can anyone guess who it was from? :devious:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
and if nobody steps up and admits to agreeing with it, will that finally show you that nobody here hates the south or will you rationalize it as nobody has the balls to say anything and there are a bunch of closet haters here?

Just curious to see who has the balls. I don't need to be told, I see pretty clearly who lines up where. Each can speak for themselves I reckon.

Maybe I should paint me a car up with the flag and put a bunch of anti-yankee stuff on it and parade around *insert New England city here* with it and see what kind of reception I get. I wager it'd be more than throwing rocks.

So what makes this movie or whatever it is OK? Because the finger isn't being pointed at (generic) you?

K62

The finger is pointed at "us" all the time.

If you really believe that the world is picking on the South of USA so much, ever stop and ask your self why is that so?

In my opinion, you are one of the most racist people on this board. You discriminate against anyone, or anything that is outside of your "area".

I like the top gear show, that is why I would have been sad if they were killed by a bunch of rednecks, JUST like I would have been sad if Hammond was killed in the crash.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, and some are full of shit.

I know precisely why the discrimination exists. Do you? See, unlike some I have studied it before I spout off. And if my statements make you or anyone else uncomfortable, maybe it's because I'm more correct than you like to admit.

I'll fight the fight any and every day; I already have to out of necessity. Blatant ignorance and discrimination like this filth is but one reason why. If you or anyone else chooses to take it personally that's your problem.

So if the finger is pointed your way, please provide me a link to something similar to this garbage aimed at Canada. I'll wait, I got all day.

Dave

Maybe I should paint me a car up with the flag and put a bunch of anti-yankee stuff on it and parade around *insert New England city here* with it and see what kind of reception I get. I wager it'd be more than throwing rocks.

what, exactly, was the anti southern stuff that was painted on the cars?
i saw:
hillary for president (would get rocks thrown most anywhere in the country)
NASCAR sucks (while it originated in the south, it now a national series with rabid fans all over the country)
country/western is garbage (see NASCAR sucks)
and something about manlove. i couldnt read the pink letters on the white truck. (again not a southern thing.)

the only thing that video showed was a pocket of narrow mindedness, intolerance and penchant for violence. again not a southern thing.

Dave

you were the one talking about painting up cars.

yes i did. i didnt hear them say anything overtly negative about the south. they said redneck a couple of times was about it. even the "mating with vegtables" remark was vaguely worded as "parts of america". again, not just a southern thing.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Oh can the innocence act already. You know where they were, you know who they are talking about, you know why. Just spare me the bullshit already and quit insulting my intelligence.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
This looks like it's going to get worse, so it's better to shut it down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.