Apple's iPad

chcr

Too cute for words
Re: Apple's iPad, another coup by Stevie?

Plenty of suckers to buy that overgrown ipod for five bills?

Plenty.

Netbooks based on the Atom Processor bridge the gap
between the cel phone and the Desktop just fine
but cuz Stevie made this
Mac weenies will snatch it up in droves?
Netbooks are/were a passing fad. A light weight notebook is much more usable. Bet more iPads get sold than netbooks though. Remember the original iMac? Those of us that actually have to use the things know what works. ;)

Altron

Netbooks are/were a passing fad. A light weight notebook is much more usable. Bet more iPads get sold than netbooks though. Remember the original iMac? Those of us that actually have to use the things know what works. ;)

I disagree. IMO, the demands that the average user throws at their PC has not caught up to the newest hardware. I have an Atom netbook that I use very often, and I can throw multimedia and web stuff at it with no problems. Only thing I *have* to use my big Core 2 Duo laptop for is gaming.

For an average user, it's got enough juice. Of course, I don't expect them to stick around for too much longer. Once they have miniaturized the standard laptop hardware to the point that it can fit in the footprint of a 10-12" screen, without making any performance sacrifices or significantly increasing the price, then I'll buy one.

But, until then, my $200 netbook works great for most "everyday" tasks.

chcr

Too cute for words

I disagree. IMO, the demands that the average user throws at their PC has not caught up to the newest hardware. I have an Atom netbook that I use very often, and I can throw multimedia and web stuff at it with no problems. Only thing I *have* to use my big Core 2 Duo laptop for is gaming.

For an average user, it's got enough juice. Of course, I don't expect them to stick around for too much longer. Once they have miniaturized the standard laptop hardware to the point that it can fit in the footprint of a 10-12" screen, without making any performance sacrifices or significantly increasing the price, then I'll buy one.

But, until then, my $200 netbook works great for most "everyday" tasks.

Netbooks definitely have a niche right now but my Blackberry already does most of what a netbook will do (or at least what I'd use it for). Smartphones will replace them in fairly short order. My laptop has a dual core processor, 4 gigs of RAM, a DVD-RW (although optical storage is on its way out too) and still fits in my backpack.

Altron

Netbooks definitely have a niche right now but my Blackberry already does most of what a netbook will do (or at least what I'd use it for). Smartphones will replace them in fairly short order. My laptop has a dual core processor, 4 gigs of RAM, a DVD-RW (although optical storage is on its way out too) and still fits in my backpack.

Can you type as fast on the blackberry as on a regular keyboard?

Winky

More Apple douchebaggery

So Chiccy are you sayin' you don't even have a desktop?