Aptitude test

Yeah - I guess if you said something like "I would bludgeon the Giraffe to death, feed half of it to my two year old boy and then chop the rest of the carcass up into tiny pieces and pour it in", it might ruin your prospects a bit.

Arris said:
[IT Professional]Like what???[/IT Professional]

1. The first question was intended to see if you could boil a problem down to the simplest possible solution.

2. I think the second one was to do with memory

3. Third one was for information retention

4. Was for spotting a pattern

I also didnt tell you that this test was given to the same number of four year olds. 90% more of the young'uns passed than the professionals!

steweygrrrr said:

1. The first question was intended to see if you could boil a problem down to the simplest possible solution.

2. I think the second one was to do with memory

3. Third one was for information retention

4. Was for spotting a pattern

I also didnt tell you that this test was given to the same number of four year olds. 90% more of the young'uns passed than the professionals!

Well they haven't yet had their simple logic fucked with by the real world so it doesn't suprise me.

They don't have preconceptions about the size of refridgerators and other knowledge of the real world...

Yes but you werent supposed to have preconceptions. Like I said boil down to the simplest possible solution which for putting something in the fridge is.... opening the door!

steweygrrrr said:
Yes but you werent supposed to have preconceptions. Like I said boil down to the simplest possible solution which for putting something in the fridge is.... opening the door!

Ah. But without any preconceptions about fridges, I wouldn't assume they had doors.... :beerbang:

yes but thats the thing...dont assume. K think this way. What would you have said if you knew what a fridge WAs but DIDNT know it had doors?

Well I wouldn't have said "Open the door" as an answer. Plus saying "Put the giraffe in the fridge" includes all the known actions of putting something in a fridge. I'm not going to say...

10 open fridge
20 get giraffe
30 put giraffe fridge
40 close fridge

:D

100 Giraffe is in fridge
110 food is in fridge
120 Giraffe can feed itself (this giraffe has opposable thumbs)

130 Starve as Giraffe hogs all the food
140 Get phone
150 Call Pizza delivery place
160 Order Pizza
170 Wait for Pizza

180 decide to get pissed
190 decide you need to go the chippy
200 become Glaswegian Spiderman
210 get chips and yell incoherently at passers by
220 wave chips at them
230 spiderman back
240 dress giraffe up un the missus's getup

I got it off Billy Connely (funniest man alive BTW) he was doing a sketch on a night on the town in glasgow :) He likened people using the walls to support themselves to spiderman

260 Make up an excuse when the missus walks in

steweygrrrr said:
I got it off Billy Connely (funniest man alive BTW) he was doing a sketch on a night on the town in glasgow :) He likened people using the walls to support themselves to spiderman

260 Make up an excuse when the missus walks in

270 GOTO 10

Back