Are there any serious Presidential candidates for the Democratic Party?

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Seriously. Who do you guys think stands a legitimate chance at beating Dubya?

The campaign finance reform the Democrats pushed and pushed for - and finally got - is going to bite them in the ass big time this election. I don't think any Dem. candidate is going to be able to run on a platform far enough from the extreme left for the tastes of most Americans. Mind you, I do think the finance reform was a step in the right direction... just bad timing for the Democrats during this particular election.

If a Democrat was able to run on a fairly moderate platform, I'd actually consider them, but I just don't see it happening. I'd really love a different Republican candidate, but that's not happening either. What do you guys think?

chcr

Too cute for words
Are there any serious Presidential candidates for the Democratic Party?

Nope, how about the Republicans? Actually, no one has run a candidate I wanted to vote for since John Anderson. I'm with you OLI, I need a moderate, intelligent candidate and it looks like I'm not going to get one (again).

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
As for serious Rep. candidates, I suppose that depends on your meaning of the word. Shrubby certainly has a good chance at winning, which is what I was referring to as a serious candidate. A good choice? lol, endlessly debateable.

Hmm... isn't it about time for a really strong Libertarian candidate to run? oops, I guess "strong Libertarian candidate" is something of an oxymoron. :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I don't see any washington insiders that would draw my vote right now. I guess we should be thinking State Governors.... :shrug: