Are you addicted?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
When you get home from work, do you check your email, or say hi to your kids first, then check your email?

Have you ever spent 10 minutes looking up someones phone number online, when a phone book was sitting on the desk?

If there was an electric shortage, and had to turn off one major appliance, would you turn off your refrigerator or your computer?

I probably wouldn't do those specific things but I am pretty addicted!

PuterTutor said:
When you get home from work, do you check your email, or say hi to your kids first, then check your email?
nope .. and that's why I don't have internet access at home .. so that doesn't happen.
Have you ever spent 10 minutes looking up someones phone number online, when a phone book was sitting on the desk?
only an out of state phone number.
If there was an electric shortage, and had to turn off one major appliance, would you turn off your refrigerator or your computer?
it'd have to be the computer .. the fridge keeps my beer cold ;)

PuterTutor said:

I don't have kids, but I usually say "hi" while walking upstairs to check my email :D

Yes, and after that point I decided that I no longer needed a phone book. Too much waist of paper, and I refuse to use it because I can use the Internet.

We have an extra group to just to support my computer. It's a not-possible scenario.

No 'net access at home. But after I gave birth, the first time I was allowed to leave the house, where did I go? To the office to check my email. Yup, I can say I'm somewhat addicted.

kuulani said:
No 'net access at home. But after I gave birth, the first time I was allowed to leave the house, where did I go? To the office to check my email. Yup, I can say I'm somewhat addicted.

*was so happy and honored to be able to share that special day with you*

i'm not addicted, i can quit anytime i want.

anytime

anytime

yep, anytime at all....

no kids as im too young. in a storm i shut off the comp and go to my room or chill with the parents(i do that quite a bit) but i am somehwat addicted although i usually only go on onve a day or so abd i go to my emails cause i get bombarded(but im looking forward to a vaca no emails no messengers yay!!)

PuterTutor said:

I'm here with them all day, why would I want to say 'hi' to them? They can be very distracting while I'm trying to surf, though. "Anna, how many times have I told you not to choke your little brother? And both of you need to get down off that kitchen table... don't make me come over there." tap-tap-tap-tap

Never do that. Got the phone book right here...

Well, when we had electrical problems recently, at first, I had everything turned off except the AC, the fridge and the computer. When the power actually started to flicker on and off I went ahead and shut down the AC and computer. What a hellish two hours that was... I thought the electrician would never get back. If I hadn't been afraid that the computer might get damaged, I would've kept it on. If I had to put those three appliances in order of value it would be AC, computer, fridge... Can't live in Florida without AC.

First hour is family time. Then some computer time. Then I cook dinner. Then I relax with my wife and the TV. It's a pattern (AKA rut).

btw, Steve can type with one hand while holding baby in the other!!

My hero!!
worship.gif

Back