Are you ready for some football

I don't care who wins anymore, I'm kinda rooting for Philly, McNabb's a Chicago product and Boston's already won a title this year. Granted, they may not win that one again for another 80 something years, but still...

GO ILLINI! :D

Sharky said:
C'mon, now, tonks, you knew the Birds would choke . . . :(
i shoulda known! do you know that of my 3 favorite teams the falcons are the only ones to have gone to the show? EVER?

tonksy said:
i shoulda known! do you know that of my 3 favorite teams the falcons are the only ones to have gone to the show? EVER?

Sounds like my luck. For some reason, I chose teams to root for years ago that seem to make a habit of breaking my heart every year.

Texas Rangers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (with one notable exception a few years ago... :beardbng: )
Penn State football (Time to think about a rocking chair, JoePa)

Mark Martin, replaced with Ward Burton, replaced with Elliott Sadler, now I no longer watch racing.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Texas Rangers
I'm actually kinda glad we lost out on Delgado. Teixeira's better on defense and with the starting rotation we've got we need good defense.

Inkara1 said:
I'm actually kinda glad we lost out on Delgado. Teixeira's better on defense and with the starting rotation we've got we need good defense.

Delgado's a good player, but I agree. Teixeira's got a bright future, and he's tons cheaper.

God, we need a pitcher though...

I'm also wondering how Delgado's very public anti-Iraq War stance and protesting would have gone over in the heart of Texas.

Stop Laughing said:
Even the Illini weren't on. I lost half my fingernails Thursday night when they blew a double digit lead against Iowa and needed OT to stay undefeated and #1. We're getting desperate for a champ here...

you realize they need to lose and get it out of the way. They dont want to go into the tournament undefeated with all the pressure on them. a couple of losses and a lot less people will be gunning for them.

I saw them play against Georgetown live. They are an excellent team. Fantastic back court. Certainly the best in the country. In fact they were in my preseason final four. The first team i picked. But all it takes is one loss when you make it to the big dance.

For me, the football season is officially over. :(

/me puts away my terrible towel once again...

Thulsa Doom said:
you realize they need to lose and get it out of the way. They dont want to go into the tournament undefeated with all the pressure on them. a couple of losses and a lot less people will be gunning for them.

I saw them play against Georgetown live. They are an excellent team. Fantastic back court. Certainly the best in the country. In fact they were in my preseason final four. The first team i picked. But all it takes is one loss when you make it to the big dance.
Yeah, you don't want to end up like the 1991 UNLV team, which went undefeated up until the championship game and lost to Duke.

Back