Are you ready for some football

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
NFL for real. No more pre-season meaningless money makers. This weeks it starts.

Unless you're Jeff George
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- Jeff George's attempted comeback into the NFL is over for now. George, who has not played in an NFL game since 2001, was among 20 players who were released or placed on injured reserve by the Oakland Raiders on Saturday.

Or Rothlesberger for that matter. That guy can't keep healthy for anything these days.

...but the cake has to go to that Chargers linebacker getting shot three times on his own front lawn. I dare say he will miss the season opener as well... perhaps... oh... a dozen games?... sheesh!

we talking real footie... or that sissy 'armoured to hell and back ' shoulder strapped jock-strapped american stuff? :grinyes:

beats the hell out of me how come you guys never really got into Rugby ..now that's de real rough and tumble, violence meets art and discipline non-stop sport of kings!

;)

BB

No surprise Jeff George got cut. There was a reason he'd been out of football for the last few years, mainly that he sucks now. Plus, he was a whinetit when he was with the Raiders before.

Vinny needs to stay in New York anyway. Otherwise, the whole "Vinny and the Jets" joke is ruined.

I think he had the right stuff. As it turns out, he forgot where he put it.

Jeff'll be back in a week or two. They're going to get rid of somebody.

He was a whinetit everywhere he ever played.

Yes, I am ready. And in the vein, my annual fearless predictions before Game One even starts:

*reminder...yours truly picked the Steelers last year...

AFC

Cincy takes the North if they get a parole officer on the coaching staff. The Bus and Randel El meant more than people thought. Das Steelers get a wild card though. Indy in the South (ho hum), but a lot closer than some people thought it might be. Denver takes the West by default. The real shocker for some is in the East. Daunte Culpepper revitalizes the Fish, with an MVP-level season from Ronnie Brown to boot, and Miami knocks off the Patriots, who barely scrape into the playoffs with the other wild card over the Jaguars.

Championship weekend sees the Broncos take the Conference over the Colts, as Peyton Manning does what he has always done best...choke.

NFC

Could be the more exciting conference this season. Despite all the hooplah about the Cardinals, they remember that they are, in fact, the Cardinals about Week 9 and fade like Aunt Erma's memory, leaving the Seahawks to coast in again from the West. Da Bears take the North without so much as a whimper of protest from anyone else in the division. Then it gets sticky. I like Carolina in the South, and I hope my beloved Bucs eek in with one of the wild cards. (Mike Alstott for Czar by the way...) But the East...man. Could be anybody, and I think two teams get in. I'll go Giants, and Cowboys IF T.O. gets shot, Redskins if he doesn't.

Championship weekend...gimme the Panthers over the Seahawks this time.

Leaving the Super Bowl. I confidently predict that this will be one of the best in years...at least since the Bucs creamed the Oakland Flavi...I mean Raiders. A real close game. But when the artificial turf dust settles, the team hoisting the trophy will be the

Broncos. 24 - 20.

Book it.

Not so much. That was stolen to make The Patriots champs ina bad year. Bad but not bungled.

So was the 52-3 playoff loss to the Bills just a clusterfuck all around? I was 10 or 11 or thereabouts when that happened... I'm pretty sure Art Shell was coach then too.

I TOLD YOU NEVER TO MENTION THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clusterfuck? Howie, in his final game, had like 5 offsides. He hadn't had 5 in the previous decade.

AFC East - New England (4), North - Cincy (3), South - Indianapolis (1), West - Denver (2).
Wild Cards - Jacksonville (5), Miami (6)

NFC East - NY Giants (2), North - Minnesota (lets pretend) (4), South - Carolina (1), West - Seattle (3)
Wild Cards - Tampa Bay (5), Dallas (6)

Playoffs. Wild Card Weekend. NE over JAX, CIN over MIA. TB over MIN, DAL over SEA.
Divisional Round. NE over IND. CIN over DEN. CAR over DAL. NYG over TB.
Conference title games. NE over CIN. CAR over NYG.

Super Bowl. CAR over NE.

So you think Carolina will beat the Pats this time around???

I love my Patriots, and I can see them taking the East, but after that I am not so sure how they will fair. I am headed to the Nov. 5th game against the Colts, and I guess that could be a good indicator of how the season will shape up.

But I am REALLY excited for football season, as the Sox are pretty much completely out of it, so BRING IT ON!

Sure, why not? The Colts will fall flat on their face again, I don't believe in Jake Plummer, the Panthers have the best offense/defense combo in the NFL so that's my guess!

Back