As if Liz wasn't enough

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
All this silly talk of allowing homosexuals to marry will only double the workoad on the tabloids.

The Sunday Times of London reports DeGeneres' former girlfriend is considering legal action against both the comedian and her new lover, "Ally McBeal" actress Portia de Rossi, "in a case that could redraw the boundaries of romantic strife in America."

The paper says 35-year-old Alexandra Hedison was reportedly shocked when DeGeneres, 46, asked her to leave the home the couple had shared in Los Angeles for the past four years. De Rossi, 31, moved in shortly before Christmas.

"Its lawyers have shown how she could seek revenge and riches with a 'twin attack' on the new couple," says the Times.

That so-called twin attack could include a palimony suit against DeGeneres, along with an action against de Rossi for "alienation of affection," a legal maneuver dating back to frontier days when seducing a spouse was considered theft.

"She would have to prove the seduction took place in those states which still recognize the law, like on holiday in Hawaii," Richard Barry, of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, told the Times. "If she can do that, she could cause a lot of financial damage."

:rolleyes:

Shadowfax said:
...and of course all homosexuals are like that. :rolleyes:

Seems like it's a fact when dealing with Ellen DeGeneres. This is her second time with somebody dumping her publically. Remember Anne Heche? ;) I'll write this up as 'typical Hollywood'...

I would say typical Hollywood as well. I agree that it gets more attention from the media, whether tabloid or not, due to the fact that it is a homosexual relationship. All Hollywood romances get overly publicized and a lot of celebrities like to do it publicly for publicity stunts.

I remember Anne Heche... but the difference is that this ex-girlfriend is actually a lesbian, instead of pretending to be one to further her career.

Back