ash's thread about her halloween costume!

BlurOfSerenity

this is a my-costume-in-progress thread. i am working on my halloween costume, and updating on it here, just for fun. there are pictures and will be more.

i'm going as alice for halloween, alice as seen in the game American McGee's Alice. (my friend is going as alice cooper, and "alice&alice" pictures and stuff can happen).
anyhow. i already have an alice dress. and i have an apron-y pinafore thing, but it's not at all conducive to this alice. so i have to make a new one, of the appropriate design with the appropriate embellishments (including bloodstains, haha).
i need to make a petticoat, should be easy.
and i need to get a fake knife, because although i have the perfect knife in my kitchen, it IS a knife, and the obvious side effects of knifeyness are included.

here is what i aim for:
image004.jpg

picture i took he other night. the boots and dress (just the blue part) are the worthy-of-note parts since they're the parts that i am using.

ashasalice1.jpg

cool beans. :D
i saw the costume i want but it's a tad on the expensive side. it's a cutesy little rag doll costume with a little babydoll dress and thigh high stripey stockings and a little doily hat with attached yarn braids.
we wants it.

She's an Alice in wonderland fan and she made an Alice halloween costume.

Now I'm thinking that I'm not getting what you're not getting :confuse3:

Leslie said:
ash, maybe I'm just old...but I don't get it. :blank:

"American McGee's Alice." is a video game

The game features a macabre version of Alice from Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass.

In the game, Alice runs around with a rusty knife, using this to fight the Red Queen, the evil despot who has ruined Wonderland and has enslaved its people.

It should be noted that the game is definitely not intended for children, and has been rated 'M' (for mature).
http://www.fact-index.com/a/am/american_mcgee_s_alice.html

Nice one Ash!

Might I suggest food colouring for the blood stains... mix in water and use a turkeybaster for a nice splashed blood effect. If you want, you can even use some flour with some of the 'blood' to get a nice 'smeared brain' look too :D

i totally finished it! and i totally dont have pics of it and i need to go to work!
but tonight it gets worn! i'm going to a costume ball at school with john and i'm going to wear it!
there will be pictures soon.

Back