attn: homeowners from NC to Texas and southeastward

unclehobart

It is that time again to get out and hit the lawn with pre-emergent and prune the dead limbs from your shrubs. Mid February means: training the crepe myrtles and hacking down the lirope to about 4 inches and clearing away the dead scrubby stuff away from the bases of your grassy flowers and ornamental accents.

If its daylight and I seem to be away for hours on end... thats what I'll be doing for the rest of the week.

Sounds like fun. I've found that if you don't treat the lawn, it tends not to grow as fast. That works for me.

Squiggy said:
:D And the car will only get so dirty...after that the rain keeps it in check...:wink2:

Exactly! I've been trying to convince my wife of that fact for quite some time now.

Um...look at the topic of the thread...now try to remember where you're seeing snow....nuff said? :D

I know I am not in Texas because I do not see cowboys riding horses when I look out my window :D

I know I'm not in Canada because there isn't a six pack waiting out in the car for when I get off work. Oh wait, yes there is. :headbang:

Eeeee. Can't keep a six pack in the car. It'll freeze and explode. I know. And it takes forever to clean the carpets when they're full of frozen beer.

Nah, low today here of 32. Should be perfect here in about two hours. :wink2:

Just finished trimming up the 9 myrtles in the back yard. 3 small, 3 medium, 3 large. I have 2 huge ones in the front that I will be dealing with on the morrow. Then I get to haul all of the brush to the compost area far out in the back. I've got my eye on 4 dying hollies in this area that I figure would look nice with 2 Rhododendrons. Hack, slash, weed, hack, slash , weed...

it was -26 here this morning :( and I had to go stand at the bus stop for half an hour :(

Back