AutoLock Pro or The Club...which is better?

zoom

need to get a steering wheel lock, my insurance program/plan recently required it.

I'm not getting an electronic alarm so that suggestion is out of the question.

which is better (to those familiar with the products mentioned)...the AutoLock Pro or The Club?

thanks!

unclehobart

Steering wheel locks like the Club are useless. A thief with a hacksaw can cut a link from your steering wheel in 10 seconds and just toss it aside.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
Steering wheel locks like the Club are useless. A thief with a hacksaw can cut a link from your steering wheel in 10 seconds and just toss it aside.

you have mexican buddies, huh? :D

unclehobart

Nah .. My Mexican buddies have little chain link steering wheels ... its a real biyatch to hacksaw through that.

Professur

I had a great lock from Britain for my Mirage. It wrapped around the gearshift and over the handbrake lever. It locked the brakes on and prevented changing gears. And it wasn't hidden under the dash, so it prevented window breaking by being visible. I haven't found one over here yet, but maybe you could track one down.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I have seen those, however not the handbreak part, just the stick locking. Nice way to make a thief take longer to steal your car :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
a glock &amp; a silent alarm that notifies you of intrusion works wonders

Djcake

you can always get something like this

autotaser4.jpg

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+3]The AUTO TASER[/size][/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Introducing an automotive security system that is on the defensive. The AUTO TASER is the first anti-theft system to actively punish any thief who tries to tamper with your vehicle. Simply lock the AUTO TASER on your steering wheel and arm it with your coded remote control. Only you can activate/deactivate the AUTO TASER’s electron field with your rolling-code remote control. If the AUTO TASER’s ultra sensitive vibration detectors sense an intruder, a screeching 120 to 130 decibel alarm is sounded as a warning before aggressive countermeasures are initiated. Five seconds later, a field of electrons completely surrounds the unit. Any attempt to touch the AUTO TASER zaps the thief with an unforgettable, yet non-lethal 5,900 milliwatt (50,000 volt) electron [/font]

Inkara1

Sounds like the taser. It will probably zap a lot of people safely, like the taser, and then kill one or two people, like the taser. Then everyone will bitch about it, nevermind that the car thief shouldn't have been theiving cars in the first place.