aw god dog it!

tonksy

i assemble all the ingredients and put together a beautifully fluffy ans sweet sour cream poundcake to surprise (sorta) rob with. it smells beautiful! i looks tall and golden and wonderful! i pull it out just in time! i turn it over to turn it out on the board...and the fucker is stuck. i slide a knife all around and try again. i try and pop it out by pulling the pan away from the cake...it breaks. i shoved the fucker back in the pan and vow to find a corn/soy/peanut free grease for pans that actually motherfucking works :mad:

Kamikaze from the hundreth floor
swan dive to the street
he couldn't handle this madhouse no more
he craved that sweet relief

oh, sorry, I thought you said Dog Eat Dog

Flour your whatever grease you have. Grease pan, then sprinkle flour, shake off excess, then pour in the batter. No stick, ever.

Leslie said:
Flour your whatever grease you have. Grease pan, then sprinkle flour, shake off excess, then pour in the batter. No stick, ever.
i did that. but i grease it with butter. i'll try canola next time but i thought it might be a little heavy for the cake.

Awww...sorry Tonksy...don't worry, i'm NOT BettyFuckinCrocker either.....that pisses me off too when i want to surprise with a cake and it doesnt turn out right. There are these really cool pans, they have awesome stone pizza trays for the oven too....if I could only remember the name of the company thats puts them out???? (sorta like a tupperware company-but its all "Kitchen" things???? shit, im young too and having a senior moment).

Jebus Christmas...

Even after a night of soaking and two 5 minute scrubbing attempts, the stuck stuff is still hanging on tighter than an alley bum clings to his bottle of ripple. I'm starting to wonder if they've even invented a cake pan sized cupcake paper.

Twas a fab cake though.

unclehobart said:
Even after a night of soaking and two 5 minute scrubbing attempts, the stuck stuff is still hanging on tighter than an alley bum clings to his bottle of ripple.
that is why we have new pans and i'm not allowed to use the oven.

unclehobart said:
Jebus Christmas...

Even after a night of soaking and two 5 minute scrubbing attempts, the stuck stuff is still hanging on tighter than an alley bum clings to his bottle of ripple. I'm starting to wonder if they've even invented a cake pan sized cupcake paper.

Twas a fab cake though.
parchment paper :lloyd:

Mare said:
There are these really cool pans, they have awesome stone pizza trays for the oven too....if I could only remember the name of the company thats puts them out???? (sorta like a tupperware company-but its all "Kitchen" things???? shit, im young too and having a senior moment).

Pampered Chef. I hate that shit worse than a case of the crabs. A monumental rip-off designed to prey upon suburban housewives' lack of cooking skills. Me ex (hereinafter to be known as The Beast) bought a bunch of that crap. After numerous ruined meals due to uneven baking, I conducted an experiment to see how many pieces I could break it into. 47 was my personal best.

what pisses me off is that i'm a good cook. it's just that all my old tried and true recipe have fucking corn or soy in them. now if i could have just smeared crisco on that son of a bitching pan it would have slide of that pan no problem.

Why not try parchment paper on the bottoms of your pans, at least? If you can butterknife the sides off safely, all that remains will be to peel off the paper once it's cooled.

abooja said:
Why not try parchment paper on the bottoms of your pans, at least? If you can butterknife the sides off safely, all that remains will be to peel off the paper once it's cooled.
it was a bundt cake pan...i didn't think parchment would really work :shrug:

Oh. Was going to say, if it's got any kind of weird shape, you're screwed. :(

How about plain ol' lard?

Nixy said:
I use butter all the time as a grease...I never have a problem :eyebrow:
i know! i think the poundcake (which already had 2 sticks of butter in it) just sucked it right up!
lard? not for sweet stuff, huh?

I have one Silpat baking bat that I think works great. Food really does slide right off of it. It wouldn't be helpful with a molded pan, however.

http://store.jadebox.com/images/kitchenaid-silicone-fluted-cake-pan-red.jpg

Says it is.

One look at this rubbery bakeware and those uninformed about silicone will laugh at the possibility that it’s actually safe to bake in it. But safe it is and KitchenAid is just one of many bakeware manufacturers that is producing pans in this revolutionary material. Made of FDA-approved food-grade silicone, this fluted cake pan bakes a moist bundt cake just as evenly as your metal pans and at temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, this silicone pan has the benefit of being safe for the refrigerator, freezer, and microwave and can withstand sudden temperature changes from one extreme to another without buckling. The nonstick surface releases cake easily and is safe for use with metal utensils aside from knives or serrated blades. An oversized rim makes the pan easy to lift and transfer to and from from the oven. The only noticeable difference with silicone is that the pans feel a little wobbly as you carry them filled with batter from tabletop to oven and vice versa. Placing this cake pan on a baking sheet will offer better stability for transferring baked goods and provide a level cooking surface in the oven. For easy cleanup, this pan is dishwasher-safe and will retain its nonstick cooking surface through hundreds of dishwasher cycles. KitchenAid provides a one-year hassle-free replacement warranty plus a lifetime limited warranty on this pan. --Cristina Vaamonde

Back