Aw, what the hell

FluerVanderloo

Last night someone knocked off my passenger side mirror. The mirror itself is still intact, but the metal bracket that holds it to the car snapped.

Anyone know where I can find a replacement bracket?

FluerVanderloo

My car is silver. I've got duct tape holding it on now, but it's very temporary. I probably couldn't make it down 95 to go home.

I may have to bite the bullet and call Toyota. I'm getting nothing online.

FluerVanderloo

I'm on the hunt for it still, but for now it's duct taped to the side of my car.

And to add insult to injury, my battery died for some unknown reason. My mom's boyfriend is coming to try to clean the terminals, and if that doesn't work, new battery. If that doesn't do the trick, new alternator :(

FluerVanderloo

You're really not going to believe this.

The battery was old; it died of natural causes. Got a new one, no big deal. Duct taped the mirror on until school ends (this Wednesday) so I could get to a junkyard. I moved my car hoping it would be safer elsewhere.

Wrong.

Someone broke into my car right in the lit garage. Stole my CD's, registration, emissions, insurance information, and a (thankfully empty) suitcase.

I took it home today and at this point I'm seriously wondering if I shouldn't give my car to my brother to learn to drive on to keep it away from campus. $120 a month for liability (which covers nothing that has happened to my car) is too much of a burden if it does nothing. Plus, it's just not worth the aggravation. Every time I go to my car recently, something is wrong with it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Stole my CD's, registration, emissions, insurance information, and a (thankfully empty) suitcase

Thay needed somethign to carry that stuff in. Been there, done that, knows it sucks

Inkara1

$120 a month for liability? What limits do you carry? If you have state-minimum and it's that high, either you have a terrible driving record or you need to find a different provider. My rate was just over half that in Fresno... and California is well-known for ass-fuckingly expensive insurance.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Y$120 a month for liability (which covers nothing that has happened to my car) is too much of a burden if it does nothing.

Liability insurance (assuming the breakdown is the same there as here) covers nothing but damage or injury you might cause to someone else or their property...it doesn't even cover the damage to YOUR car if you were to say, go off the road and hit a pole or something...if you want coverage for damages to your car you need to up your insurance...

tonksy

Nix, Over here lotsa folks only have liability on a students car as it can be very expensive to fully insure a beater car that most folks expect them to trash out anyway.

FluerVanderloo

Nix, Over here lotsa folks only have liability on a students car as it can be very expensive to fully insure a beater car that most folks expect them to trash out anyway.

Exactly, and since the car and policy are in my name, I'm financially responsible. I just can't afford full coverage on my car.

My insurance will be cut in half when I turn 21, and then again when I turn 25. I've never had an accident or moving violation, but I am a 19 year old student.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh I wasn't saying that she should have more...she just seemed to be frustrated that her liability insurance didn't cover what happened so I didn't know how much knowledge she had about what coverage is included with what kinds of insurance.

FluerVanderloo

Woo! They caught the little suckers that knocked my mirror off! Two guys got six cars before they were caught at 1am last Friday morning. They were arrested and charged with property damage. The mother of one of them is writing checks to the people who had damage if we give them estimates.

Justice! :finger:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Justice would be for the jerk offs to pay for it themselves.

Well, if the mother is writing cheques either she won't punish the kid at all because she's a pushover...OR she's the type of person who believes in writing wrongs and the kid will pay...it may not be monitary but she'll make him pay!

I hope it's the later :D