Azureus 2.4.0.0 out

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
1. What's new in Azureus 2.4.0.0

1.1 Encrypted/Obfuscated Data Transfer
Support for encrypting the data between Azureus and other compatible clients is included. This both provides a level of protection of data and can help with ISPs that block or restrict peer-to-peer traffic.

1.2 High Speed LAN Transfers
Multiple copies of Azureus running on the same local network support high speed direct connections.

1.3 Improved Download Algorithm
The algorithm used to determine which pieces of a download to request from which peers has been rewritten to improve its behaviour and performance.

1.4 Webseed Support
Basic webseed support is included. Webseeds will only be used when a download's availability is less than 1.0.

1.5 Other
Various user interface improvements.
Performance improvements.
Bug fixes.

If your ISP is throttling your traffic, with RC4 transport you might gain speed.

Dunno, but you should stay away from ZA anyway

A Perfect Spy? It seems that ZoneAlarm Security Suite has been phoning home, even when told not to. Last fall, InfoWorld Senior Contributing Editor James Borck discovered ZA 6.0 was surreptitiously sending encrypted data back to four different servers, despite disabling all of the suite’s communications options. Zone Labs denied the flaw for nearly two months, then eventually chalked it up to a “bug” in the software -- even though instructions to contact the servers were set out in the program’s XML code. A company spokesmodel says a fix for the flaw will be coming soon and worried users can get around the bug by modifying their Host file settings. However, there’s no truth to the rumor that the NSA used ZoneAlarm to spy on U.S. citizens.

ZA or any 'software' firewall is the devil

and why would anyone want a poisonous tree frog
in their computer anyway?

I'm using sygate personal firewall. Only problem is that it was bought by symantec and they discontinued it, if you want to I can send it.

Luis G said:
I'm using sygate personal firewall. Only problem is that it was bought by symantec and they discontinued it, if you want to I can send it.

no kidding? symantec is Lucifer

Important Notice: Effective November 30th, 2005 all Sygate personal firewall products will be discontinued. This does not affect Sygate's Enterprise firewall and endpoint compliance products, which will still be updated and supported.

I love my router/firewall

Pansy%2002%20small.JPG

Since many system applications open ports and sygate grants them permission, I suggest you to go to advanced rules and block all traffic for the port range 1-1000.

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

That's with just my router.

Thing is peeps don't know what a 'firewall' is.

ware is rr when ya need him heh heh

oh well...

Back